DJI Mini 3 Camera Auto Focus issues

Has anyone with a Mini 3 had any issues with the camera autofocus, tagging @group-mini-3-pro

Mine seems to get there but then jumps back, some of my images look blurred

I can manually focus but when I switch to auto again it jumps back and is out of focus

I have done a video to explain, in manual focus I have switched on the peaking level so it is easy to make out where the camera is focused

I am thinking I have another duff Mini 3, any advice is much welcomed as I am starting to regret getting a Mini 3 :scream:

2 Likes

I wasted 2 good videos last Sunday because of this. Thought it was just mine.

1 Like

Try it in daylight, mine searches indoors with artificial light and poor lighting, but is spot on outside

1 Like

Can’t say I have seen any issues.

Apart from after a few G&Ts and then the focus seems to be off! No idea why?!

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of videos that were surpringly in focus for the first few seconds and then lost focus…

2 Likes

Wayne I know you know your stuff but just a thought , Is it jumping or going out of focus as your in manual mode so you do the manual focus but when you switch to auto it resets as it’s auto or try moving it to another room or lighting or different objects in front of the camera too see what it does , just a thought :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Not had an issue with mine Wayne

1 Like

No issues here. I use autofocus all the time.

1 Like

DJI is reviewing the video I posted and it looks like they are going to replace the drone again :scream:

2 Likes

3rd time lucky :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Be nice to see the issue outside. There’s a lot of stuff going on in the video thats all quite near to the camera lens. It’s probably no surprise it’s a little confused when in auto.

These are a couple that i took that i feel the autofocus didn’t work well on

Yeah both of those look pretty bad. Nowt seems sharp. of course assuming it’s nowt to do with the quality of the jpg export. Is this jpg a straight export of the original RAW with no compression added? Or jpg straight from the drone?

I rarely work with the jpgs so I might be over estimating what the jpgs should look like.

This is the RAW file of the first one
DJI_0064.zip (14.9 MB)

And another from the same batch

DJI_0063.zip (15.3 MB)

1 Like

Yup out of focus on Mac too

1 Like

The more i look the more i find

1 Like

I’ve got a spare mint condition, low mileage, Mini 2 if you’re interested?

1 Like

In all seriousness though Wayne, I feel your pain mate. I went through two brand new Mavic Pro’s in as many months before the third new one finally worked as intended :confused:

And also in all seriousness, you’re welcome to buy your Mini 2 back if the 3 gets that bad.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same issue. Prefer to set the focus manual / infinity most of the time. The auto focus can’t be trusted.

:open_mouth:

Never really had an issue with mine.

Its 6th birthday in a few days time.

2 Likes