DJI Mini 3 (NOT PRO!) - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

Slightly off topic but I’m really hoping that this means DJI are considering the 3 PRO as their enterprise spec drone in the sub-250 category meaning we get an API for it soon :confused:

I though the API wasn’t going to happen?

Definitely not in 2022, they did originally state they would in August 2022, then ‘eventually’, but with DJI’s track record wouldn’t be surprised if they silently ‘forget’ about it.

Don’t mix your APIs and SDKs up :blush:

DJI normally average a year or so from drone release to SDK release, but the last couple have been 9 months-ish so the SDK supporting the Mini 3 Pro might be out for summer.

DJI have never retrospectively renamed a drone, and certainty not to call it an enterprise model. All their enterprise models offer something extra over the non-enterprise model. I think they’d be hard pushed to add any enterprise features to a sub-250 due to the weight :person_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

damn - just copied it as API and not corrected to SDK! :man_facepalming:

In any event thought I had read they had no plans to release.

So, DJI have announced the DJI Mini 3, which they describe as a “cut down version” of the 3 Pro.

After just a quick look, one of the things that jumps out at me is that the front leg “stalks” typically where, I think, the antenna were housed are back!

I wonder if this is a way to counter complaints about the Mini 3 Pro signal issues?

They are clear that where as the DJI Mini 3 PRO uses their latest "DJI 03) transmission system, the new Mini 3 “Uses the older system” (namely DJI 02). Maybe that’s a good thing?

1 Like

Yep; I agree (he says, FINALLY being able to comment on this thread…) I think only throwing 720 back to the remote instead of 1080 should improve things, but in truth I still noticed on-screen stutter a few times less than 300 metres away:

15:53, 16:17 and I mention this…

3 Likes

A comparison of the mini 2, 3 and Pro

Yeah but in a few weeks it won’t matter what the screen is showing as you won’t be able to look at it

1 Like

Well said sir lol

Without the extra obstacle avoidance sensor hardware, they could afford to add the extra “leg stalks” I guess. :thinking: whether or not it is an improvement in terms of signal strength remains to be seen. It seems irrelevant if you intend to stay within VLOS. :sweat_smile: I have to say I haven’t noticed a significant difference between my mini 2 and mini 3 pro with regard to signal connectivity, but I do tend to stay relatively close to my drones compared to some. :hugs: