DJI Mini 3 Pro connect to RC

Hi I am thinking of upgrading to a DJI mini 3 pro, I am very confused by the connection of drone to controller.
On my HS720E, I use my phone to connect to Wi-Fi and when I search for a network it finds the drones network and I connect to it (without wifi, just drone to fone). does this work the same with the Mini 3 Pro and DJI RC with built in screen or the DJI RC-N1 and phone? AIso, do I need Wi-Fi as well as I cannot get a connection from where I fly but the 720E doesn’t need Wi-Fi it just streams from the drone to the phone. I hope this makes sense as I am finding it hard to explain what I mean and I don’t want to go all through the manual if this drone isn’t suitable for my needs.

Thank you … Rod

No wifi needed. Phone connects to RC by cable - RC connects to drone by DJI’s proprietary wireless tech.

No wifi needed. RC connects to drone in the same manner as above.

2 Likes

Compared to your Holystone it’s men v boys

And if I was spending that amount of cash I would go through the manual

2 Likes

Hi Think you you find the mini 3 pro fantastic, go for one with the screen. Just does what it says on on the box, you won’t be disappointed

2 Likes

@Sparkyws which I shall do if I find the answer to the question I ask, otherwise it is a lot of manual reading for nothing.

The answer is above by @OzoneVibe

1 Like

@OzoneVibe Thank you Dave for a very clear and precise answer, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you … Rod

2 Likes

Thank you @johnnyboy69 ha, I just sent a message to you in the other thread we were on about the apps, so ignore that one.

Thanks … Rod