DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

Sorry but it holds no interest for me. I went down this route many years ago with slr cameras (before digital). Not saying you shouldn’t by the way, if you have the funds and fancy the next big thing then go for it, enjoy every second of it. Or if you’re a pro and need the larger sensor for more dynamic range etc, it will save some time in post.
I could buy it if i wanted, but to be honest I’m happy with my mini2, its not perfect but it serves me well along with my dslr and current lenses. Hoping to see lots of pics and videos from you early adopters that will make me retract my above comments :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

For me the combination of image quality and flexibility to fly in urban environments in a safe and fairly unobtrusive way is the factor that has made me upgrade. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mini 2 … and I found myself continually wishing I was using the M2Z for the image quality. The Mini 2 was good, but not great. With the Mini 3 Pro I end up with a camera better than the M2Z in a drone which I can take pretty-much-anywhere.

I appreciate with a A2CoC I could make more use of the M2Z in urban areas, but it’s so large, loud and heavy it’s something which is both very conspicuous and scary in the event it fell out of the sky. I’m selling both and ending up (hopefully) with something which includes the best of both worlds.

I’ll miss the speed and the noise of the M2Z which can sound pretty powerful when you’re zipping around. I’ll also miss the size which is much easier to maintain sight of at a distance. And I’ll miss the DJI 4 app as my eyes are old enough that I can’t see the tiny blue arrow which indicates direction of the drone when I lose sight of the mini ::

3 Likes

I see ya point :+1:t2: but, having a good time with the mini 2. Only had it since Jan so still learning the ropes. Being retired I have plenty of other interests that I also spend a lot of time and a small fortune on, which doesn’t go unnoticed by the wife. :rofl: :rofl: But vicarously enjoying all the new footage and photos from those of you that have the wee beasty. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Is it me or is the mini 3 pro bag slightly smaller than the Mini 2.

3 Likes

Screen protector for your RC :sunglasses:

I bought some from Aliexpress for around £6.91 inc shipping and vat, will be here in 15 days, same make too

Wifey’s never understands :joy::joy::joy: I was sitting at my garden bench with wifey having a cuppa and whizzing the mini 3 around the garden and fortunately she still thinks it’s the mini 2 as she said your still playing with that toy I thought you be bored by now :joy: I must make sure I don’t pull the 2 out at the same time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Our lass could smell the difference lol

2 Likes

Haha. :rofl: Nothing gets past my missus, its uncanny! :face_with_spiral_eyes:She also acts as a spotter for me so couldnt get away with that one. :joy:

1 Like

Anyone know the mAh capacity of the new controller? (also can’t currently find the same for the RC-N1 for comparison)

What code?

It does look smaller.

2 Likes

All this talk of better camera, you know it’s the photographer that makes the image not the kit ?

1 Like

no! are you saying that it isn’t the photoshop editor who makes the image?!

Hahahahahaa
I used to have one of them…!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

It shows you on the listing, just look and do what it says:-)

If the code bothers you - just go directly to their shop …

… I bought my mini from them a few years ago. Genuine family run business :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Aye, certainly is. A crap photo is a crap photo, no amount of photoshop or snapseed can make it a good photo. It has to have a good image to start with. The most important part of a camera is the 6" behind it.

All the gear, no idea.

That’s me.

I wish I’d got into photography at a much younger age, the urge to keep buying new (to me) stuff is constant, watching Tubers like Peter Mckinnon don’t help (wow that Leica camera, gonna add that to wish list, HOOOWWW MUCHHHH) thankfully I’m sensible with my wallet. Also there’s that problem of learning vs just going out and using the damn stuff vs job vs adulting. Never enough time these days. Roll on retirement, long way to go yet for me though.

2 Likes