DJI 'Orbit' with a Tree - Sort Of

An early near miss with a tree. First time out with th Mini 2

Scary indeed

Is this a riddle? Please explain your point.

I use many drones from mini 2, mavic 2, m2ae, mavic 3 and m300 for work. A big part of my work capture on telecoms towers is based on poi mode of GO4 app. Now that the mini 2 is suitable for places that a mavic 2 is difficult or not possible to fly, it is a shame that the same poi mode and interval photos are not available.

But please explain your post.

Thank

Processing power is lacking on the Mini 2 to have the features you desire, its well documented.

And from a commercial point of view why add them to the ‘base’ model in the DJI range, they want you to buy the more expensive models.

I know the drone is capable of it as I have since started to use Litchi for the specific scenario. It is the app which is the bottleneck/issue as it is also not available for the Mavic 3 which undoubtedly has the processing power for it.

The sub 250g drone market will be the fastest growing sector in UAV soon as more pilots wish to fly with less restrictions and more commercial operators start to use them in congested areas where.previously they couldn’t fly.

I still stand by my comment that the absence of the more traditional POI mode found on GO4 app in the DJI Fly app is a shame and may mean operators look to other manufacturers like Autel in the future if DJI continue to restrict software features.

That’s all.

Thats the tip of a very large iceberg, add into the mix the forced upgrades, taking away the ability to rollback firmware as well as the made up NFZ and more and more pilots will move away.

Nice stuff that DJI make, just their software thats become bloated and restrictive.

I ditched GO for Litchi 7 years go, and continue to use it on my Mini 2 instead of the Fly App.

1 Like

It isn’t a riddle. The point I was trying to make is that using DJI fly, it is very difficult to get the centre point of your ‘orbit’ set correctly. Presumably the software has difficulty in working it whether your centre point in the air nearby or on the ground in the distance.

The instructions tell you to draw a box on the screen around the object you wish to circle. I wonder if the box is rectangular whether that makes your circular path elliptical.

In any event… Subsequent use of the DJI quickshots almost resulted in loss of the drone.

I intend to try litchi in the near future

Yes Litchi is now a great option for the Mini 2, still looking for a solution for the Mavic 3 though, who knows how long until DJI release SDK for Mavic 3?

Sometimes a few months sometimes nearly 2 years .