DJI Panorama Comparison

Hi ,
Nice way to compare drone photos.
For me it’s the air2s based on sharpness.
Clearly it’s a personal choice

1 Like

I have to say!!

4th mini 2
3rd mini 3
2nd air 2s
1st Mavic 3

I’m still happy with my mini 3 and air 2s but I like the Mavic 3 especially when zooming in the sharpness or clarity of subjects in the photographs.

Thanks Chris I really enjoy this type of thread with comparisons :+1: much appreciated :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

if you must use an iPhone :joy: :joy:

Luckily the farmer is pretty active so it doesn’t get much of this around here.

As Chris said, many unlicensed waste removal types camp close by

1 Like

Purely personal taste, but the Air2 is my favourite.

1 Like

Yes I have the same conclusion as you ziceman

That is what swung it the Mavic way for me - zooming into the water, the substation and the buildings

Using the panos stitched together by the app doesn’t do justice to the quality these drones can produce. I stitch the panos from my Air 2S and they are 23,552 pixels wide. The quality is great.
ps I use Panoee and it’s great! Luckily I was an early adopter and it’s free for me.

What app and OS do you use to do the stitching?

I’m pretty sure @milkmanchris uses Panoee too.
The files are pulled straight in without any changes

1 Like

To be fair, the Mavic 3 is head and shoulders above the others, but none are poor images. If you was to list them in value against quality, I would put the mini 2 in first place, but straight competition, then the mavic 3 wins all day long.
I just got a mavic 2 to replace my mavic platinum, and am completely happy with the images I can achieve from that drone.
Of course, if I could get the mavic 3 camera on a sub 250 gram drone, I would be in the market for it, but it isn’t likely to happen any time soon, so I will take what I have, and be happy :slight_smile:

Great post. The quality / resolution of the Mavic 3 stands out to me.

I own a Mini 3 Pro and I’ve never tried a pano like this before. Can anyone recommend a good resource to get me started on taking pano shots like this?

Thanks!

These are all auto.

The drone takes the xx photos and stitches them, download to your device and upload to a online service such as Panoee (like these) or Kuula.

The xx separate photos can be stitched manually (more in that in many other threads) then uploaded as before for better quality

Thanks @milkmanchris!

I need to have a go at this. Also I need to read the instructions for my Mini 3 Pro to see what else it can do :smiley:

And for anyone else who’s never dipped their toes in the world of panoramas

This is the Mini 3 but the same goes for all the drones that use DJIFLY

1 Like

For me , Mini 3, Air 2S, Mini2, Mavic 3. Mavic 3 does not look natural, way oversharpened out of the box. Mini 2 for what it is, still does a great job. It is close between Mini 3 & Air 2 S but I think Mini 3 just takes it on detail when zoomed in. JMHO.

1 Like

I still think the M3P has the best all-round, it is the only true 360 out of the 4 drones, look up and you’ll see what I mean

2 Likes

I’ve gotta admit I was impressed with it.
Was my first 360 with the M3P after using the mini 2 for a few years.

Maybe not for the pro’s among us, but for us hobbyists it is great, DJI only just updated the firmware thus now taking advantage of the camera’s 60 degree up angle, I noticed it takes around 15 seconds more than previous 360’s, but that is because it takes more photos now

1 Like

I use Microsoft ICE. I have tried using Hugin, PTGui and PanormaStudio but come back to ICE. It is no longer supported by Microsoft but you can still find it and it works well IMHO.

For uploading and sharing 360 panos online I have tried Kuula, Klapty and Panoee - and Panoee is the best. Kuula would be great but it limits the image size you can upload and in the free version you can’t create hotspots or virtual tours.

1 Like