DJI Panorama Comparison

Thanks. I will look at ICE. I signed up to Panoee (free) on the strength of your post. I looks great.

The camera canā€™t look straight up - itā€™s not a full 360.

(AFIK) The Parrot Anafi is the only drone that can tilt the camera up 90Ā° and take a true 360.

1 Like

The DJI Mini 3 Pro can take an almost fully spherical 360 photo with just a small hole in the zenith
But even so it is still far better at stitching the top images than the other 3, which all have a large out of focus glazed circle

Precisely - not a full 360 as you initially stated ā€¦ which could be misleading to some, and why I highlighted this fact.

Wow we are talking .5 of a complete 360, hardly worth talking about, still better than the big circle of fluff

It is interesting how different people see each image.

Donā€™t get me wrong I think the Air 2S and Mavic 3 are great Panoā€™s, itā€™s just a shame that they cannot somehow tilt the back down a tad to angle the camera higher to make the top of the Pano more realistic

Replacing sky is an easy task , also useful for the dull days we get on occasion in the UK

Loads here for people to download

2 Likes

I wanted an easier option, I struggle with using software nowadays due to health issues, so having the ability to do most things in camera has made it easier, if I were a professional I would go with the Mavic 3 as that has the better scope for adjustment

2 Likes

Thanks @milkmanchrisā€¦ Very helpful!

1 Like

If itā€™s helpful for anybody here are links for Microsoft ice 64 bit, itā€™s tricky to find

https://web.archive.org/web/20190223050207/https://download.microsoft.com/download/7/3/9/73918E0B-C146-40FA-B18C-EADF03FEC4BA/ICE-2.0.3-for-64-bit-Windows.msi

And 32 bit
https://web.archive.org/web/20190309221948/https://download.microsoft.com/download/A/7/8/A7804C73-ECDB-4459-BB3E-A7F13C4C5382/ICE-2.0.3-for-32-bit-Windows.msi

These are from a post in

Personally havenā€™t used it, but will try later given possible cost of online services, and perhaps better image quality over m3p built-in software

Second post, hope you like
Zac

2 Likes

There should be no cost, Kuula offers a very good free service for single images, Panoee (as my original post) is a new service that offers tours of multiple images for free. Both allow you to embed the produced results here.

The beauty of Panoee to me, is that we have managed to get on board the develpoers @panoee360 and @leo_panoee who are here to offer support and have also taken on board and more importantly addded features that have come from member suggestions.

More details in the this thread

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found Panoee to be much better personally

2 Likes

Interesting to see the stitching on the Mini 2 seems to be the best - just focusing on the stitching of the railway line :man_shrugging:

Resolution is obviously better on the Main 3 but there are some stitching errors there.

A few people asking what to use for stitching manually, the best I have found is APG (Auto Pano Giga), it was bought out by GoPro years ago and is no longer avaialble, however check out the most excellent thread started by @clinkadink and download links for it are there.

The thread talks about Kuulaā€™s maximum allowed file resolutuion of 16384 x 8192px, if you use Panoee this can be unlimited ;o)

APG is avaialble in Mac and PC flavours, persoanlly I use the Mac version, but @clinkadink tutorial as well as others on YouTube are exactly the same for both platforms

1 Like

Update on the Comparison.

Iā€™ve added the ā€˜hand stitchedā€™ version of the Mini 2 pano.

Workflow, all on Mac, imported 26 images into Auto Pano Giga (see post above) output file was 10134x 5067px (15MB) , opened in Photoshop, auto levels is all I did then upped to Panoee.

You will note that this isnā€™t full 360, I have limited up movement in Panoee. I could have ā€˜stretchedā€™ the sky but on this occasion the clouds were against me and it looked odd. I could have replaced the sky but then thats a bit false.

As always, comments welcome.

1 Like

Colourā€™s look better and sharper and Iā€™ve noticed more detail in the back ground , doesnā€™t look so flat and dull compared to the original .

Thats my biggest gripe with the auto stitched (in all the drones) it adds its own ā€˜enhanceā€™ filter so what you get is what they want you to have.

When I compared it to the original if I can be completely honest and hey we all have different opinions my only thing I would have said , which now you said you have no control over

It would have been nice just to add a tiny dash of colour in one or two places but on the whole that is better than the original others may beg too differ but I guess weā€™re all different :+1:t2:

The auto stitch is handy to post and go, but its small file size so a lower res

1 Like