DJI RC 2 Firmware Updates

DJI RC 2 Release Notes

Date: 2023.07.23

DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0500

DJI Fly App Android: v1.11.0

What’s New

• Added support to download footage from the aircraft to the microSD card of the remote controller.
  • Added support to play the original 4K video downloaded from the aircraft.
  • Optimized video transmission.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Date: 2023.08.28

DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0600

DJI Fly App Android: v1.11.1

What’s New

Date: 2023.09.05

DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0700

DJI Fly App Android: v1.11.1

What’s New

2 Likes

Overview:

• Date: 2023.10.30
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0100 ARB 0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.3

What’s New

• Fixed issue of ineffective 120m flight altitude limit with Mini 4 Pro in the EU; added support to apply for flight altitude above 120 m.
1 Like

Ahh, fixes the 120m limit. Have you seen what you have to do though ? Remove the C0 sticker, take a photo of the drone - the sticker, take another photo of the QR code that appears on the screen when applying for the altitude variation. Get the authorisation from DJI, then apply that to the drone. It’s now that way forever. ( drones purchased after 1st Jan 2024, will not be able to get the height restriction unlocked at all )
Seems rather overly complicated to do IMHO :wink:

In the EU

Hmmmm, so if I purchase a Mini 4 Pro after 1st Jan 2024, here in the U.K. it won’t be height restricted ? I honestly can’t see DJI installing a different software version specifically for drones sold in the U.K. ? ( might be wrong, but suspect all new stock imported after Christmas, will all have the same software installed )

Yes you are wrong, it is geo enabled

So I can save up my pennies and buy a Mini 4 Pro next year from the DJI shop in Brum, and the height won’t be restricted to 120m ?

Only if you fly in the EU :roll_eyes:

cheers

Overview:

• Date: 2023.12.21
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 ARB 1
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.4

What’s New

• Added support for saving screenshots and recordings on any microSD card installed in the remote controller, increasing ease of export. Enter the Home page of DJI Fly, tap Profile > Settings > Storage, and set SD Card as the storage location.
    Fixed some known issues.

Apparently

• screen recordings are now going straight to the SD card

Overview:

• Date: 2024.01.24
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0500
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.12.8

What’s New

Adds a display zoom setting that supports larger text display, enabling clearer presentation of critical flight information.
Introduces Before You Fly section that provides information on flight compliance requirements and important considerations for drone flights at different locations.
Adds support for searching information on product usage, tutorial videos, and flight guides for specific areas.

Overview

• Date: 2024.04.11
  • DJI RC 2 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.02.0000
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.0

What’s New

• Added support for DJI Goggles 3.

• Added support for the updated FlyShare for fast file transfer directly from remote controller to your phone.

• Added support for independent app update without the need to simultaneously update remote controller firmware.

3 Likes

Just been and had a quick flight to make sure all is working correctly after update I’ve noticed that “ N “ mode now shows as “ P “ mode on RC 2 screen , apart from that all seems to be stable and working ok

Expect an update soon, It’s another DJI mistake by the looks of it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Did they ever make an update so one could use the Goggles 2 with the RC2 controller? I know it’s possible to use the silly joystick with the Mini4Pro and goggles2 but to me that’s just a stupid way to fly a camera drone.

No that never happened

1 Like

Updated my mini 4 pro last night and now it said P Mode on the top left and not N Mode also I used to be able to set altitude past 120 now max 120 :smirk: