DJI RC mount plate

I have some ideas forming for a small project which will combine a bike ride along a length of river and and stopping off to get the drone out at various points along the way as the scenery changes to get some footage.

To add to that I was thinking of using the active track feature along the way which means I need to carry the remote without knocking the sticks, and being able to take control quickly if needed, so that rules out a stick guard and putting it in a bag. So I guess a handle bar mount is the way to go.

I have seen some mounts available, which to be honest don’t look the best made things while being a bit steep. I already have decent clamps anyways so all I need it is a way of connecting the clamp to the DJI RC remote.

A small plate with a couple of holes to align with screw holes on the back of the remote, similar to the part in the image below circled in red, but with just a single central 1/4" tapped hole would be ideal. Or alternatively the larger part in green with the gopro style connect could also be made to work. Does anyone know if anyone sells these? I have not been able to find anything yet. I can make one but trying to save some time and effort if possible.

On the same topic, what is the strength of these mount points like? They do seem very small and off centre so I am a little worried they could break out of the chassis if things get a little bumpy. Alternatively I could connect into the two larger neck strap mount points if that would be better. What do you think?

I had this one because it already has the 1/4 tripod thread

Good shout, I didn’t even think to check on Aliexpress.

Glad you started the topic, I have just ordered myself another, now that it fits both the version 1 and 2 RC Screen Controller

The lanyard gives you the connector for the back of the controller, I don’t suppose you can suggest a handlebar attachment to fit this to?

https://greyarro.ws/t/thors-drone-world-lifthor-exclusive-gadc-discount-code/59935

I have just ordered two from Ali, which covers both mounting options.

I will give both a try and see which is most stable. I am sure in both cases I will ditch the handle bar clamps that come with it and use my own smallrig clamp instead.

1 Like

That looks smart, but nothing on the back to connect to a 1/4" screw unfortunately.

I was replying to @Sammie99

There are loads of handlebar mounts with a 1/4" screw thread, either on Amazon or Aliexpress, Aliexpress seem to have gotten their deliveries foxed, mine can arrive in 6 days, most within 9 days