DJI RC-N1 controller with any Flight Simulator

Want to try FPV @fpv? Want to try a flight sim but can’t as you don’t have an FPV controller

Well now you can, using the DJI RC-N1 with a Windows PC

Installation / Usage

I have tested it with both DJI flight sims and you can fly the older Mavic series of drones or the newer Avata and DJI FPV, it also works with Realdrones Simulator and hopefully many more

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/pc/3cf0bf93-8700-4b6d-af16-dbdabe3abd4f

Welcome to the official website of the Real Drone Simulator. You can find news, downloads, updates about RDS here. The simulator is free for personal usage.

3 Likes

For Mac users…

I’ve not tested this, so anyone with a mac wants to give it a go and let us know

1 Like

Still leaves me a problem, I dont have an RCN1 either :slight_smile:

Damn DJI. Offer us a nice controller with a built in screen that can’t side load apps why dontcha :wink::wink::wink:
At least with my old Phantom 3 they had an app that allowed you to do something similar on a computer screen :wink::wink:

I’ve got a spare you can borrow, remind me next time :blush:

2 Likes

Cool, that would be awesome…

1 Like

Hello all.

Is it possible to find a Controller that will work with both a Mini 2 and the PC version of the Flight Simulator?

Basically, I have a Mini 2 that I’ve yet to fly and would like to get some practice using the DJI Flight Simulator (PC version on Laptop) before the real deal.
I think I’ve established that the older Smart Controller will work with the Mini 2, but I can’t be sure it’ll work with the Flight Sim.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Plug in your Mini2 controller and see if it works? Nothing to lose and will save you some moolar if it works? :slightly_smiling_face:

@Sparkyws has his working in lift off flight sim so can’t see why it wouldn’t work with the DJI sim?

I moved your post to this discussion that covers your question

Hi all.

So, here’s where I am now. - The proud owner of a ‘Smart Controller’
I can get it to work with the PC version of the DJI Flight Simulator, BUT…

At present the only option I can use is to select a Mavic model (Mini 2 is not supported) and then access a ‘Free Flight’ module.
All other options are only available in the ‘Enterprise Edition’, including Skills Training which is the main thing I’m after.
As I understand things, I can only unlock the Enterprise Edition options using a ‘Activation code’ that comes with a DJI drone.
I don’t have one yet for my Mini 2

Question1 - Would/Could I get one if I register using my Mini 2 details, or do I have to have one of the drones listed in the Flight Sim? e.e a Mavic Air

I’ve also tried several other apps and none of them recognise the Smart Controller as being connected to the USB. The sticks don’t register in anything other than DJI Flight Simulator. :sob:
I don’t see a USB Game Controller listed as a device on my PC, running Windows 10

Here’s what I have tried
DJI Virtual Flight - On PC
Zephyr Drone Flight Simulator - On PC
FreeRider - Both PC & app on the Smart Controller

Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved.
Del.