DJI restriction zones - Football club

Hi Im new to drone flying and using the forum. In my home area the football club has a exclusion blue zone of about half a mile why are the zones so wide and who decides how large they are? As the clubs dont own the sourounding streets ? Many thanks Ade

The blue zone is an unlock zone on DJI fly, you can unlock via the app taking full responsibility for the flight as you normally would. The zone is there as it would likely by illegal to fly during matchdays due to the crowd.

1 Like

You can unlock the DJI blue zones yourself. The risk with flying stadiums is mainly crowd and built up area related. If the stadium is empty I dont see the issue. I have flown my local stadium before.

2 Likes

That must be >250g?

:rofl:

1 Like

It’s only DJI drones that suffer this problem.

DJI stick a pin on their map and simply add a radius around it :man_facepalming:t2:

It’s a bit pointless too if you can just unlock it with a few clicks.

As you can see from the map here, there are no airspace restrictions over this stadium at all:

Check out Drone Scene for the actual air space restrictions (instead of DJI’s made up nonsense) and check out Good 2 Go to help you determine if your flight is safe and legal:

1 Like

Hi Richard Thanks for the info. I didn’t know you could unlock blue zones. I live on the edge of one of these and dji ask me if I fly I take full responsibility. Interesting thanx again Ade

1 Like

Yes i have just started using that app thanx Ade

:wink:

magneto-stadium