DJI Smart Controller - Early Pre-Flight Thoughts

This thread is only a quarter the length of the current Challenge thread, and that’s only 12 days old :slight_smile:

Feel free to create a poll here in this thread so it keep everything together.

2 Likes

** Quick Poll - Smart Controller…**

• Totally worth it - way better than using a phone in every respect.
  • Provides some advantages over a phone.
  • Not worth the extra cost.

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry to be a pain…

Does this eBay listing feature a smart controller… Pictures #7 and #8?

Ned

Non, thats the standard controller @Ned

3 Likes

As Chris said, thats the standard controller.

Smart controller looks like this

3 Likes

thinking of buying one just looking into pros/cons… can anyone recommend them or stick to my iPad mini set up

Whole heartedly! :+1:

1 Like

I have said it before, out of the bag turn on, go fly :+1:

3 Likes

Buy it ! up and flying in no time,and the screen is really bright,you won’y regret it… :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Gents for advice … just purchased one …

4 Likes

Just as the man said :point_up_2:

1 Like

For various reasons, I’ve only just been able to get a flight in with the new Smart Controller I got last week. Niiiice.

Is it just me? The control sticks feel a LOT more sensitive, so moving them in the way I’m used to results in huge/fast movements that are too much for smooth filming. Feels like I’m going to have to re-learn some of the basics, but once I have it will be very much worth it.

Have you checked your settings? quite likely to reset at default,you can dial down the sensitivity in the exp? settings? :+1: :+1: :wink:

1 Like

I did, yes. Spent quite a bit of time going through all the settings to make sure it was all how it had been. Does this mean you don’t find it more sensitive and it is just me? :wink:

1 Like

Interesting!

I’d have though they’d use the same joystick hardware in the SC they use in say, the Mavic controller :thinking:

Based on DJI using the exact same Mavic Pro gimbal dial on the Osmo Pocket thumbwheel.

As @FIREFOX says, are the EXP settings somehow bound to a controller, rather than the drone itself? :thinking:

1 Like

I was a little surprised that they’re different, but they are.

The Mavic 2:

The SC:

Where the Mavic is a rotating ball the SC ‘ball’ is the vertical movement with a separate rotating disc for the horizontal. The sticks are also different, so my old spares will have to stay in the bag with the old controller.

2 Likes

I spent a good bit of time in the first weeks with the M2P researching the ‘best’ settings and made a note of where I settled on everything. It all checked out on the SC, but that was indoors. Maybe now I’ve actually started the motors I’ll need a second check (can’t think why, but stranger things have happened).

I’m thinking about getting a DJI smart controller for my M2P , are they worth the money ? Only thinking of getting one for ease of use and less to carry and set up , I’m more than happy with the standard remote especially when it’s linked to the iPad mini 5 but was thinking a smart controller could be more portable , that said most places are out of stock lol , would welcome users thoughts . Thanks in advance

1 Like

The ipad mini,and the standard MP2 controller is a great combo,exactly what i used… That said,i took the plunge and bought a smart controller. :+1: love the fact,no cables to connect,and what i really like is the fact i can see the screen clearly,even on a very bright day :+1: :+1: :rofl: Speaking for myself,i can only say i am very happy with mine,and think you would be too,just my thoughts,hope this helps :+1: :+1:
plenty of thoughts see other posts here,for members thoughts on the smart controller…
New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don’t I?

1 Like

I can vouch for this. I remember…

2 Likes