DJI Smart Controller on the Matrice 300

Spotted in the news : smart controller will soon be able to control the Matrice.

2 Likes

The M300 hasn’t been released yet - good that it’ll get it though.

I’m pretty sure this spells the end of the CrystalSky though :pensive:

1 Like

I’ve never looked into the smart controller until today, it says it will only control the Mavic 2’s? Why is this? :thinking: is the software to advanced to the Mavic 1?

:moneybag: money :dollar:

1 Like

I forget the reason now, was it to do with ocusync?

Mega thread over here which no doubt holds the answer: New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don't I?

1 Like

Yup. Ocusync 1 v Ocusync 2 … though I can’t recall which version the SC uses.

1 Like

I believe this is the reason for it. I would like to think that all (most) future DJI drones will work with the SC.

Although I was surprised to see that the Mav Mini doesnt. Well actually, I probably wasnt all that surprised really. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Does seem silly to only run two drones of the SC, when they can all run of the same app (GO4) bar the mini :thinking:

Definitely a Ocusync thing. I suppose they had to draw the line somewhere. Given that they were aiming for sub-250g ( and more ‘budget’ price bracket) the Mini wasnt going to get Ocusync 2 technology.

Im still surprised DJI didnt arm the SC with the wifi technologies capable of flying the Mini and Mav air too. Esp with the Mavic Air still being relatively new at the time of SC release.

Their loss I guess.

2 Likes