DJIGO4 Vulnerabilities

Might be of interest to some

Nidge.

Possibly an additional reason I’m happy still to be using a very early version of Go4 … before they effed things up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I only own one model, the Spark, that’s supposed to use DJIGo4 but on Android I use DroneBlocks and on iOS I use SparkPro. The Go App is far too bloaty for the Spark as it only uses a very limited amount of the overall data within the APP, which is tailored more for the Mavic and other higher end DJI craft.

Nidge.

1 Like

It’s (kind of) interesting that the size of the Go4 Android .apk hasn’t changed in size over the last 3.75 years.
It’s gone up and down.
Oldest I have (28/11/16) is the original 4.0.0 (1000002) @ 99,410KB
Latest is 4.3.36 (2036445) @ 98,560KB
Largest (by 50,000KB!! - 15/06/18) was 4.2.16 (3031415) @ 157,440KB
Smallest is (27/08/29) was 4.3.24 (2036158) @ 92,251KB

Now - I know the installer size isn’t directly proportional to the crap contained therein … but with several subsequent models and quite a lot of additional features (panoramas, etc) added over those years … still amazing that the size hasn’t changed.

If, as is suggested here, the updates that breach Google Play requirements are the drone firmware and no-fly zone updates, that’s really no big deal. One thing that link notes which is worth bearing in mind is the strong desirability of separating your drone control device from your mobile phone device, so that if there ever is a hack, it isn’t threatening your most personal data.

Dedicated, no non drone flying software installed, no SIM, always in Airplane mode phone. :white_check_mark: #Sorted

3 Likes