Does DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drone Series) work with the Mini 3 Pro?

Hi Guys, does the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drone Series) work with the Mini 3 Pro?
the instructions were a bit vague.
Thanks … Rod

It does

2 Likes

Why would you want to ?

1 Like

@Kirky Thanks Richard, some of the info I got from the web and manual were a bit contradictory

2 Likes

Do you plug the drone or the transmitting into the PC when using that app, I have just seen some videos on YouTube one plugged the drone in, the other plugged the DJI RC in? most confusing for a newbie.

It depends on what your trying to do, can I ask pls, what is it you want to do / trying to do ?

You can plug either into the pc but generally, you would use the controller to update the firmware on both the Rc and the drone

Assistant 2 is only needed if something goes wrong with a firmware update

2 Likes

Thank you @Sparkyws

1 Like

@Kirky Thanks for reply Richard. Just the firmware updating, as the drone hasn’t been delivered yet, I am getting ready and trying to learn all the things I have to do.
Thanks … Rod

As sparkways says above

Is only when you really need it tbh as all the updates & setting up are usually no problem once your connected to WiFi etc,

To you original post earlier as you see I did answer your original question by posting the link.

No harm in being prepared but hopefully you shouldn’t need to use the assistant :+1:t2:

1 Like

And or unless you need the drivers on your pc to hack the drone, not confusing the situation :wink:

Use the app.

You’re gonna be using it anyway for the binding bollocks.

1 Like

I’d say best thing you can do to avoid any stress is to get yourself a DJI account set up, so it’s ready to use when the drone arrives :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think I will go that way :grinning: yet to to finish learning all it’s features

@BudgieUK Done :+1: Thanks Peter @BudgieUK

1 Like

Thanks @milkmanchris

This older version still on the DJI site doesn’t connect to the drone DJI Assistant 2 - Download Center - DJI V1.2.5 however this one from DJI DJI Mini 3 Pro - Downloads - DJI V2.1.20 works a treat. Perhaps DJI shuld remove the old version ?

1 Like

That version never supported the Mini series only the ones listed below, If they removed it then anyone with one of these is screwed

Thanks @Typhoon_Class good to know :+1: I have just checked and I have the correct version 2.1.20

Rod