Double OSD image

I seem to doubled up on my OSD I have small nice font and a big fat font. Would anyone know how to get rid of the big fat font in my ODS.

What you on? WTFOS? If using WTFOS, then turn off the inbuilt OSD on the DJI goggles. WTFOS will put it’s own one on, and DJI will put one on. Can’t remember exactly the settling, but it’ll be Custom OSD or something in one of the DJI goggles menu

Ok I’ll give it a go I forgot to post the pic not a good one but you get the idea of what I’m saying

Just tried it and your spot on cheers I’m left with the big fat font but I’m sure I can change that in BF :+1:t3:

1 Like

The font you put on the SD card mate. I use the following

I’ve used these on mine. I made the mistake of adding a selection of fonts to the card thinking that I would be able to choose.

Doesn’t seem to work and takes ages loading all fonts.

My advice would be find one you like and add that only to the sd card

1 Like

Yah I’ve got these but not put them on yet, I’ve got 3 quads up and running now and 3 more to do :face_exhaling::rofl::rofl:

In fairness it’s getting easier the more I do, going to test fly a couple tomorrow test the tango2 out c wot it can do …

Well the font is on the goggles. So only need to do it once. You can actually use the overlay tool with the video and osd file with any font after you’ve flown, to see which you like the best. I’ve tried a few using that

2 Likes

@BigDog Nick have you sorted your OSD yet?

Having just setup my vista the procedure is freash in my head.

Step one: Root your goggles using WTF OS and install the MSP package from the package loader.

Step two: Root your vista/air unit and again install the MSP package from the package loader.

Step three: Download the sneaky FPV HD fonts for betaflight and drop the 4 font files on your goggles SD card.

Step four: Setup your flight controller: Ports tab set MSP for the uart that your TX and RX wires of the vista/air unit are soldered to, also depending on betaflight firmware level if 4.4 then set VTX (Displayport + MSP) in the dropdown of the peripherals and leave it set to auto.

now go to the CLI and type: set osd_displayport_device = MSP hit enter. for betaflight firmware 4.4 you’re done

for betaflight firmware below 4.4 you need to type in the CLI

set displayport_msp_serial = then a number one below the uart number you have your TX and RX wires of the vista/air unit soldered to. and hit enter.

type save and hit enter.

turn off custom OSD in the DJI goggles menu under display.

then you should have shiny new HD fonts for your OSD.

1 Like

Top man :+1:t3: I have, the only issue I have is the fonts but not 100% I’m using the correct ones. I will save the above post as I have a few more to do, just looking into rates at the moment.

They need to sit in the root of the SD card on the goggles. You’ll need 4 for BF. Must be named as shown.

You can’t switch without copying over new files on WTFOS, and when it loads it’ll briefly show the default WTFOS font, then switch up.

1 Like

:+1:t2:

1 Like

These are the ones I tried with no luck, the supersneaky

use the Nexus ones :+1:t2:

You got to extract the 4 files as I put in my screenshot, and yeah I run nexus too!

He’s just got a load there, you can only put one on at a time

I download this

Extract

I get this so extract

2 files ???

yeah, I noticed earlier today that there’s only 2 files now :man_shrugging:t2:

extract them and drop them on the root of your goggles SD card.

Hmmm wonder why I got 4. You got 4 @DeanoG60 ?

I know the WTFOS overlay tool thing asks for 4

yeah, I got 4 and you need 4 for the OSD overlay tool as well… so no idea why the zip only has 2 files now :man_shrugging:t2: