Drone Confrontation - 2021 poll

I had a visit from police 5 minutes after landing, a neighbour had complained about it spying on her.

Obviously got no idea what you were doing and I’m not here to Police you. I see you own a mini 2, so hypothetically not a problem, but people will get freaked out if just hovering above a property, even if it’s your own.

Out of curiosity how did the conversation go?

I was actually at the in-laws and the drone was about 400m away from where I was and 100m up so definitely not spying on her.
They police came in the house, asked who had the drone and asked if I was recording(which I wasn’t) and said a neighbour had complained. All very amicable and they were surprised how small the drone was. It turns out that the lady in question and the father inlaw had been having arguments all week about some overgrown bushes.

1 Like

Did they think a criminal offence had been committed? :thinking:

1 Like

Like vampires, they need an invite,

Never let them in without a warrant :wink:

1 Like

Or we could just engage in a positive way? You know not to be that guy and alienate more people about drones and their owners/users.

If they are over reaching etc then shut them down no need to be an arse about the whole thing from the offset.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Unfortunately some people haven’t learned that you catch more flies with honey just yet.

There was no reason not to let them in, I’d done nothing wrong and they weren’t really bothered, just had to make a show for the neighbour who reported me!!!.

2 Likes

When’s that ever stopped them :wink:

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Where did you buy that T Shirt…I want one :smiley:

1 Like

Rob

2 Likes

Thanks Friend…

Cheers @OldSoulBoy for the info - I didn’t actually know as it was a pressie from the wife. (I shan’t tell her I now know :laughing:)

A bit like when they try to trap you when they pull you over when your driving and say Why do you think I have stopped you…Your answer should always be…Because you have F— All Better to do.

2 Likes