Drone Registration info - Second Consultation Period Initiated

This just popped up on FB

"ā€¦ this week has seen a second consultation period initiated.

We ā€¦ fully encourage all pilots to complete the short consultation form in order to make their opinions heard."

They encourage it SO much that they donā€™t provide a link!

Anyone??

(Searched CAA Consultations for Drone ā€¦. nothing!)

Thread re First Consultation Period: UK Drone Registration Scheme - Consultation now open

1 Like

This looks like a rehash or copy of what is happening, dressed up as new news. There are a number of spelling and grammar errors in the main body of the text which makes me think that this is either a fake OR the ā€˜dronesafeā€™ guys dressing up old news as new in order to drum up,some more custom.
Donā€™t forget, the ā€˜dronesafeā€™ register is part owned by the dragons den bloke, who part owns dji. I suspect heā€™s worried that his ā€˜dronesafeā€™ register will be going down the swannee river when thevCAA start their register so is attempting to grab some more unsuspecting punters.
If you thought Ā£16.50 to register and take an online competency test with the CAA was extortionate, just see what you get for your money with ā€˜dronesafeā€™, cos itā€™s basically, not a lot. But of course itā€™s on FB, so it must be legit.
I must dash because an Indian gent is on the phone telling me my broadband is slow and wants to help me fix it. He must be legit cos he says heā€™s from BTā€¦see what Iā€™m getting at?

4 Likes

Think I might pass on this as I have another Indian bloke on the phone says he is from Microsoft. Ummmmm

2 Likes

His phone bill must be huge, he called twice yesterday, and his Indian sister phoned the day before. They seem awfully keen to help (themselves to our bank details).
Funnily enough I was having trouble with emails and the genuine BT did say that their technical help would call me within 48hrs. So when he called I was almost caught off guard.
However he couldnā€™t answer ANY of my security questions and when I put his number through https://who-called.co.uk/ it came back as a scammer.
He put the phone down when I told him I knew who he was and where he was calling from.

1 Like

I just love to keep them on the phone and pretend to do all the things they want me to do in ā€œthe Registryā€
(I know enough about Computers to last most a life time !.)
I have kept them tagging along for sometimes 30 to 40 mins!.( when I am in the mind for it)
My son is in hysterics, laughing in the background when ā€œMr Microsoftā€ comes a calling.
Now i have a good Call Blocking system I donā€™t get so many calls.
Great Fun though when they then ask you to re-boot your system and you say ā€œ but, itā€™s not booting up now, whatever am I going to do?ā€
Itā€™s priceless what some of them have said back to me.
ā€œWell Sir, if you give us you Bank / Credit Card details
we can sort it out for youā€
But, for you people who have been caught out, or get a call from themā€¦
PUT THE BLOODY PHONE DOWN !,

3 Likes

If I suspect a scammer on the phone I give them a blast on a whistle, they tend to understand that better than English and donā€™t bother me again.

3 Likes

My mate used to have an Air Horn next to his phone, now I know why,

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had an English bloke telling me I have to pay Ā£17.50 in November and that even then, I canā€™t fly my drone anywhere in towns in the UK unless itā€™s 500ft away from the nearest person or building (which basically means ANYWHERE); I can just see loads of people going for that.

The African Princeā€™s offer is beginning to sound more genuine!

3 Likes

I just wish I could get out flying, but since been involved the traffic accident they keep telling me about Iā€™m housebound :wink:

2 Likes

They keep telling me it wasnā€™t my fault, so it must have been your fault! Did you ever manage to get a date of the accident?

1 Like

What was the nature of your injury

My reply ā€˜I diedā€™

Disconnected .

4 Likes