Drone Rescues

One Sunday @notveryprettyboy managed to cripple his TinyHawk Freestyle quad on the roof of a ‘bando’ somewhere north of Watford see here

A rescue attempt was made using strong magnets hanging from a cord from another quad, unfortunately without success.

Using design from Thingiverse.com a ‘Mantis Claw’ was 3D printed by @steviegeek and another attempt was made today….

15 Likes

Cheers Steve. I owe you big time

2 Likes

Secret Bando no less :wink:

3 Likes

You’re like the Christopher Lloyd of the Drone world. I was mighty impressed with the magnets earlier this year, but this is a whole new level. There’s a potential business to be had here.

3 Likes

:clap:t2:

3 Likes

Well don’t @Steviegeek :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Brilliant! :+1:…Mission accomplished!

1 Like

Must be said… it was @notveryprettyboy 's steady hand on the rescue drone controls that grabbed it, my attempts were a bit poor to be honest :frowning_face:

1 Like

As I said Steve. It was luck. The prop downwash played havoc

1 Like

no worries mate, it’s what flying buddies are for :+1:

4 Likes

Amen

2 Likes

That was truly awesome guys :star_struck: am I right in thinking there is a drone rescue badge @GADC_Committee :thinking:

1 Like

Nice job guys :clap: :clap: :clap:- methinks a Thunderbirds badge must be in order for such a magnificent rescue :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You might want to advertise your services in Eastbourne Steve. :laughing:

4 Likes

Just needed a Mission Impossible sound track playing in the background :notes::notes::notes:

1 Like

Well done you 2 @Steviegeek @notveryprettyboy
Teamwork always pays off

Just out of interest was it this Mantis Claw

It would be good if we had a few members around the UK with one of these to help if needed
I personallly would be up to help with one

We did a test and it pulled up my 600g 5" quad. It would be suitable for dji drones I reckon.

Hi Steve
Yes, this one :+1:

I know, I’m getting lazy at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:

Nah not at all Steve I was just messing mate :grin: Fantasic drone rescue though :clap:t2:

1 Like