Drone Scene Updates - February 2024

It’s a :exploding_head: when it can be in one of two places and you don’t know in advance where to look. That’s not so much a criticism of your coding, just these effing modern menus that just seem to be variable. :laughing:

Yes, but why isnt it on the top menu tabs like on your first picture?

Right, I think I understand now :blush:

We have two different top navigation bar layouts.

One for people who are not logged in, and one for people who are logged in.

When you’re logged in your top nav bar is different because as a member you have a lot more options and features, and buttons, available to you.

So we put all the prominent and useful things in the top nav bar when you’re logged in, and we relegate the lesser used things to lesser places for you :blush:

Just to add, Drone Scene has done this for around three years now, I haven’t just done this :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, as long as we know where it is, thats all that matters

Thanks for clearing it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you all just stay logged in, nothing will move or change, and I’ll get far less confused :rofl:

3 Likes

I do but not for your benefit. i just can’t remember all my passwords.
:rofl:

1 Like

12345 works for everything :running_man:

3 Likes

Superb work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Nearly. Some web sites insist on a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
Password1! works fine for those.

1 Like

After some feedback here yesterday and a few quick discussions with the team, this morning we have moved the Top 10 over to a new section on the existing /about page :blush:

2 Likes

And that’s why its the best resource for drone flyers in the UK.

2 Likes

Great work Rich @PingSpike as always
Thank You
:grinning:

2 Likes

I must have used it before you posted this thread yesterday and at the time I thought wow as I was seeing all the yellow zones, probably there before electricity lines are good to know but I know there not all there as the one going across the lake I missed by inches does not show up still :scream:

I’m using android and it flows smoothly.

Big thanks Rich :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Could I make a suggestion please? The new parking markers are very helpful but I cant find a way to get the coordinates or what3words address of the parking marker. This is the location that I want to drive to, it could be some distance from the flying location.
When I click the parking marker I see a popup like this:

Would it be possible to add a location to that popup so that I can put it into my satnav?

2 Likes

Sure thing Paul @pcaouolte , we can add that in.

We won’t be able to add it in time for the March update, but we’ll get it added to a future version for you.

5 Likes

It just gets better and better - we’ll done for the great work :+1:

1 Like