Drone Scene Updates - March 2024

It says that no requests were made to my council (Rhondda Cynon Taf) by Grey Arrows Drone Club.

Thanks for the heads up Stephen @MrSpongeHead

Less than 7 minutes after being made aware of the fact, we’ve now corrected it for you :smiley:

You can follow the progress at: Freedom of Information Request: Byelaws and Policies on Recreational Use of Drones - a Freedom of Information request to Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council - WhatDoTheyKnow

3 Likes

Amazing :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Would there be a reason the link from the Drone Scene map doesn’t take you to the same page as the link above. It still shows as no request made when following the Drone Scene link?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/grey_arrows_drone_club?utf8=✓&request_latest_status=&commit=Search+contributions+by+this+person&user_query=rhondda+cynon+taf

Good question…

I can see their FOIs here (including the one we just submitted):

But I can’t find it when searching:

:thinking:

Getting similar response for Swansea and Carmarthenshire :thinking:

Maybe this

1 Like

Thanks John, I submitted 379x Freedom of Information requests, it’s entirely possible I missed a couple :blush:

I’ll get these ones sent in tomorrow :+1:t2:

1 Like

No rush - they’re all on holiday :man_shrugging: :rofl:

3 Likes

For the next 6 weeks, then they are on holiday for 6 weeks :joy:

2 Likes

That is so close to the truth its not funny :crazy_face: :joy:

3 Likes

John, I’ve opened a support ticket with “What do they know” because I did submit FOI requests for both Swansea and Carmarthenshire - but for whatever reason they’re not showing up in a search on their web site.

For manual reference in the short term, until they get back to me, here are the two in question.

Swansea Council: Freedom of Information Request: Byelaws and Policies on Recreational Use of Drones - a Freedom of Information request to Swansea Council - WhatDoTheyKnow

Carmarthenshire County Council: Freedom of Information Request: Byelaws and Policies on Recreational Use of Drones - a Freedom of Information request to Carmarthenshire County Council - WhatDoTheyKnow

2 Likes

Many thanks Rich @PingSpike :+1:

2 Likes

Amazing work, clearly a substantial amount of effort and time has gone into this update. Many thanks indeed :+1:

3 Likes

Great work going on behind the scenes by you all to keep us up to date on Drone Scene. Well done and thank you.

2 Likes