Drone Scene Updates - September 2023

what a great job all you folks behind the scene are doing

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :heart_hands:

3 Likes

Wow! What a huge update. Thanks a million @PingSpike .

I hadn’t realised there were costs related to how often or how much data is loaded. If this applies to just some layers, would it be useful to flag the layers that cost per use, so we can turn them off if we don’t need them?

4 Likes

Oh and probably more importantly thanks to everyone who makes suggestions.

Without these, progress on any site is always slower.

2 Likes

Brilliant job there Rich @PingSpike :+1:. Miles better now, jobs a good’n :smiley:

Thanks in spade fulls :+1:

3 Likes

SUPERB :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Superb Rich! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Just had a quick go and tried the SSSI in Scourie and selected Operations requiring consent and it gave me a 503 error. Is this the Scottish site, my browser or heaven forbid, this amazing update?

If it’s the Scourie coast SSSI then it takes me to here …

Is that the one you tried @SOYCD

Sorry @SOYCD but that “Operations requiring consent” is not part of Drone Scene, at that point you were on the site that @Onanist linked to above: https://sitelink.nature.scot/site/1413

You would need to report any issues with their website directly to them, I’m afraid we can’t help you with issues on their web site.

3 Likes

I suspected it would be my end and not the drone scene. Thanks for update any way :+1:

1 Like

Awesome job Rich @PingSpike , I have no idea how you do it, but I’m very glad you do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work Rich @PingSpike, great improvements and features!

3 Likes

This is a phenomenal update. Well done @PingSpike and team.

2 Likes

Well done and thank you Rich @PingSpike, these updates are brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

What an amazing set of updates! Thanks for all your hardwork continually updating and improving DroneScene for us all @PingSpike 1st class service that you would never get with any competitors inferior imitations :clap:t2:

4 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: My phone didn’t display my location accurately

I’ve been extremely busy with changes/updates/migrations in work and have only had time to very quickly browse gadc.

Don’t know how I missed this!

Well done to all involved, what an effort!. This update is huge and amazing!!!

Well done again everyone involved and thanks for your dedication to this. :clap::clap:

3 Likes