Drones for Ukraine

Thanks for spotting my error. Yes, my mistake. One Matrice v2 and three Mavic 2 on our visit to Kiev and we sent Two Mavic 3 via our courier for the second shipment to our contact Zaporizhzhia which arrived today. If anyone has any doubts they can always see our photographic records of the handover of the drones to the Ukraine Military Representatives in Kiev. Obviosly their faces would be disguised but you will be able to see myself and the CEO of our organisation.

Well done!

1 Like

Thanks.

Hi! Iā€™m following closely the use of drones in the Ukraine war. Is anyone interested in donating a secondhand DJI Mavic Air 2 More Combo to help them? Or making a contribution? Thatā€™s what the guys in the front line want. By all reports they are losing plenty. Hoping youā€™ll help!

I have now sent out 16 drones to two marine units Iā€™m working with in Ukraine since last September. The models l have been asked for are Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom and Mavic 3 along with a Matrice Iā€™m surprised they have asked for the air version but if thatā€™s what they have asked for then it must be needed. I set up a fund raiser on Just Giving. The response was poor. So far l have spent around Ā£15k on drones and other aid. Good luck in your quest to get one to send out. If you need any advice, just ask.

Hi Smart!

Thanks for your response. You are the only one to respond - so far. Iā€™m new to Grey Arrows and am not sure how to get this response through to you.

Some very interesting points you make; their specific model request; setting up on Just Giving (donā€™t they take a % cut?) and the poor response youā€™ve had. What marketing have you tried?

Iā€™ll look in Grey Arrows website and see if there is a forum we can chat on.

Best

StockB

Just Giving do take a cut. There are very few alternative options to raise money online.

I have posted on Facebook. Whatā€™s app and Instagram. I did manage to raise close to Ā£3k at the start of the war through Just Giving to buy a 4x4 and drive it to Ukraine for the military to use for evacuating injured soldiers.

I think people in general are getting numb to the war so donations are not so frequent.

If there is a forum on the Grey Arrows it would be useful especially if there are pilots wanting to sell reasonable priced used drones for the cause.

Not sure where you two think you are chatting right now but you are both posting on the Grey Arrows Drone Club forum :grin:
Good luck to both of you acquiring drones for a good and worthy cause :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Thank you SirGunner for telling us we are public! Great! And for your encouragement. Any suggestions?