Drones to Ukraine

I’m sure many of you will have Geeksvana’s video pop up in your YouTube feeds.

I wanted to applaud the efforts that went in to getting aid in the shape of drones to Ukraine.

15 Likes

What are these for?

1 Like
2 Likes

Why are they sending 140 drones to Ukraine?

1 Like

I saw something earlier that “Power Banks - For charging phones” were needed.

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Apparently Ukraine military requested drones.

It looks like they bought DJI Mavic Mini and Mini 2 models from an online store, unboxed and charged them.

Packed in suitcases they flew them to Warsaw from Helsinki. And they are now supposedly in Ukraine.

I would think they’d be useful for aerial reconnaissance, and for making photo and video evidence to share with the world.

6 Likes

:point_up: this

4 Likes

Just went to post the same video. :clap::clap::clap: to these guys for doing it.

2 Likes

I hope your extended family made their journey safely.

2 Likes

I read something about kamikaze missions as well. May have been some false reporting nonsense though.

Did anyone think about Dji NFZ :man_shrugging:

1 Like
3 Likes

Good point.

They could become GADC full members and avail themselves of Drone-Hacks discount code :grin:

3 Likes

I wonder if DJI would consider switching off the geo fencing in a war zone.
What an idea though, to send out 140 Minis to help the Ukrainian forces. God help them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so in this instance, bearing in mind it’s a Chinese owned company, whose alliances lay with Russia.

3 Likes

1 Like

Who chose not to show premier league football today because the teams were showing their support to the Ukrainians pre match

3 Likes

Exactly, says it all.

1 Like

The Mini 2s have arrived :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Loving their labels

1 Like