DSLR on an FPV drone?

Check out this guys video with a DSLR strapped to his drone.
Looking at the footage he’s posted, the perspective and low quality of the footage makes me almost think he’s actually not flying with the camera on the drone and rather trying to pass off the onboard camera as footage from the camera.

Or am I wrong?

You see a quick brief shadow of the drone when it goes through the shaped thing & the sun hits it, look at the grass where the sun is shining ( it’s not that clear tho ) I don’t know much either :sweat_smile:

Oh I was looking for the shadow in the wrong spot! That does sort of look like it has the camera on top right?

I’m surprised it can fly that well with a full sized camera on top!

Well, maybe yr eyes are better than mine they probably are :nerd_face: but yes it maybe, I could see a drone shadow but my eyes are not good enough to say if that camera is on top, maybe a bigger screen & pause rather than my phone, :+1:t2:

Edit

Maybe that’s why it was going rather slow, top heavy at a guess.

I think that he’s walking around the garden with the drone in his hands, because when it flies back towards the house it supposedly took off from the operator is nowhere to be seen.

He’s posted up to YT at only 360p so it’s sure to look crap :man_shrugging:

It looks like one of those cheep Chinese dlsr which would explain the rubbish quality. But if you’re try to prove concept you wouldn’t want to stick your £1k canon on it. So would make sense.

??

It’s a Sony A7 III = £1,750

Anyway, a pro fpv videographer that I follow on Instagram uses a Red Komodo, that comes in at 1kg and $6k for just the body, on a significantly smaller drone.

:rofl:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

G_20231222_2150082

1 Like

My bad I just had a re look at the thumbnail.