Dun Troddan Broch - Glenelg - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

No Drone signs next to the Broch, vehemently anti-drone people in the smallholding and located just within EGR610 - so some care needed.

Firstly check that the Low Fly zone is not operational - Military low flying: RAF operational low flying training timetable - GOV.UK

Secondly TOAL from away, the parking spot at Dun Telve broch has good VLOS to Dun Troddan if you stay at height to maintain VLOS.

Thirdly, be prepared to be challenged by the locals - I was talking to another drone flyer - who grew up playing in the brochs and is now in his 70's - and he warned me off flying near the smallholding as he had been accosted doing so - even though he was flying within the Drone Code at all times.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

1 Like