Dunnottar Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Scotland

Is there a FRZ at Dunnottar? I never noticed one before?

Nope, no FRZ, but the castle owners do have signage saying do not fly during opening hours, and as its their land you are flying fromā€¦ TBH it is worth complying and flying out of hours to save them getting upset and removing permissions, like I believe has happened at Eilean Donan

1 Like

They donā€™t have any permissions to revoke Suzanne. We have the outdoor access code in Scotland. We have the right to access all land under Scots Law It allows us to be on most land and inland water for recreation, education, and going from place to place providing we act responsibly.

2 Likes

Hi Joe, I stay In Aberdeen, so not so far from me, as for the winds Iā€™m used to my Mini 3 Pro getting blawn aboot, so Iā€™ll be using my new Mavic 3 Pro.

Cheers for that info.
I would prefer the castle to be clear of people as much as possible.

Weā€™d never been a fan all the steps & the hill climb, we first went there with family when we were young, We had to do it again, when we were all young & full o beans in primary school.
We returned again when we were in our late teens, and omg we were sure that the hill had doubled in height, so we walked all the way down the hill with very dodgy steps (very old and well used over the years), we all had to lie down on the grass at the bottom to recover, then decided to just re-climb what then looked like a mountain to us.

I think I need to pass my A2 CofC before I can fly my new Mavic 3 Pro, Iā€™m not too sure of that, Iā€™m travelling to Donegal in Ireland (a treat for my wife as she will be finishing her radiotherapy for her recent breast cancer operation) but because Donegal is part of Europe I got my A1/A3 Flyer ID and Operator ID from Alpha Tango

1 Like

No worriesā€¦ You can fly the MAVIC3 Pro, but will need to keep it 150m away from buildings and people if you donā€™t have an A2CofC, so something to considerā€¦

Thanks for the info Suzanne, Iā€™m really finding hard to remember stuff on the A2CofC, too much stress at the moment, do you know how many times someone can fail before having to pay again?

Sorry, I dont, but most of it is quite common sense tbh

1 Like

Weā€™ve never head of anyone failing at all - let alone a number of times.

2 Likes

Cheers, I might as well just give it a go, if I pass Itā€™s gonna be a ā€Whoopieā€ but if I fail Iā€™ll find out if I get another chance for free haha

Iā€™ll be the first lol

Only if you try very hard. :wink:

3 Likes