Dyrham Park - Added to National Trust in South West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

TOAL was from outside the park on Sands Hill, with a clear view down to the manor house.

Ancient parkland, 17th-century house and garden
Dyrham Park was created in the 17th century by William Blathwayt. It is an early example of how a fortune made from empire was invested in a landed estate, transforming Dyrham into one of the most notable stately homes of its age.

The 270-acre (110 hectare) ancient steep and sloping parkland is full of magnificent trees and breathtaking views and space for young explorers to run free, be in nature and tick off challenges on their 50 things list.

Splendid borders, idyllic ponds and a wildflower orchard are all features of the stunning garden which is being sensitively developed as a 21st-century garden with echoes of the past.

Visitors can get a flavour of the life of William Blathwayt in the late 1600s by stepping into the impressive baroque mansion house with its collection of fine art and Dutch Delftware. His years as a diplomat in Europe, and his several colonial and administrative positions in government, helped to hone – and indulge – his increasingly refined taste.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 05/02/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice shots :+1:, looks like a place worth a visit. How far away were you?

1 Like

Thanks David. I was about 400m away, the second photo is about 100m from TOAL.

1 Like

While I’ve my mini 2 a while, I’ve not been able to fly it much, (hopefully that will change soon) and have only done a bit of video to check out the quality…it’s pretty amazing from something so small.

It has to be said, I got some footage of me once as it landed…it wasn’t the most intelligent look on my face :roll_eyes: