Early attempt at getting to grips with the Mini Pro 3

Being a new drone pilot :wink: I have done a bit of flying and recording - and editing…

The first was, well, the first, and the second felt a bit better, though the newness of the user (me) shines brightly, lol…

This is the video of this second launch…

Paul.

11 Likes

Thought you just pressed a button and it flew up in the air, then you wiggle the joysticks to make it move, then press another button to make it land.

Try FPV acro if you want hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and are you supposed to fly over train tracks?

1 Like

No rule to say you can’t.

1 Like

Glad you’re getting on ok with it Paul @Bilbo :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Paul.

Cracking footage mate. :sunglasses:

Thanks @coastie much appreciated.

Paul.

I was evacuated to Preston as a child during the second world war and lived less tha a half mile from the park. I left in 1945, yet I recognised some of the features in the video. I have yet to try a video on my
Mini pro 3, this video has provided some inspiration.

2 Likes

I’m pleased that you have found it worth the watch George - I wouldn’t expect one my flights to inspire, but wonderful that it has done.

Paul.

Strange comment. Why would you ask that and not check first?

@Preepa was your reply intended for @milkmanchris or @PathfinderFPV ?

Some very nice footage there Paul and nice smoooth :+1:

If anything, I’d cut the sharp yawing parts out, but other than that for a second launch, cool😎

1 Like

Hi @PingSpike intended for @PathfinderFPV

1 Like

Just wondered since I’m sure I saw something on Network Rail’s site about flying over rail tracks, ahh found link.

Still if it’s fine to fly over railways, then Matty’ing the viaduct at Ribblehead should be fine when it warms up. :slight_smile:

It does say “It can be illegal to fly a drone on or near the railway.” obviously the same with most things in lfe it would be a common sense thing and best not to fly near a train. Can’t see how they can take action for flying over a train line.

1 Like

Thanks all for the replies. :slight_smile:

Paul.

Yeah if I was crossing a line it would take me all of a second to be across it, I would think it would be a nightmare to try and track the pilot down when the quad is flying at 50+ mph. If flying Crossfire or ELRS I could potentially be a mile away (or more). I think as ever it’s as they say on the example. Someone flew when a historical train was going past and showed no real common sense or maybe flew too close to the train. I think if you just cross the lines it would be fine.

Avery good discussion around this from a little while back

Cheers for that. I had a quick run through and it clears it up a bit. It also answers a question related to Ipswich Bando and the fact it is adjacent to a set of live rail tracks.