Editing question Davinci Resolve

Ah interesting! I didn’t notice it but good to know.

If your not doing it already a little tip to stop you coming home with a load of soft footage and trust me it will happen at some point.

Manual focus and set to infinity, perfect every time.

1 Like

Another one whilst we’re chatting about qualities,

4K FOV
Or
4K HQ

:thinking:

Much of a difference?

:ok_hand::ok_hand: perfect

1 Like

For general scenery. Less so if for some reason you’re taking footage of something closer. :wink:

2 Likes

4K HQ for me mate.

You loose some fov and everything is a bit closer but its definitely better footage.

4k FOV takes the full 5.5k image and down samples it to 4k output.

4k HQ only uses the centre of that 5.5k image so its pixel to pixel output amd no down sampling.

Again best to try both amd make your own mind up as you might prefer the wider FOV.

2 Likes

Good point but much closer as in under 10m.

Another thing that caught me out was moving the slider up to infinity focus is not the same as tapping the infinity icon instead.

Oh and turn on focus peaking if you don’t already use it. Going to show pretty quickly if you’ve forgot to focus.

1 Like

Agreed, though 10m with full aperture on the M2P must be getting marginal? What’s the max aperture on the M2P?

Manual focus is imperative. Sod’s Law knows exactly when a focus hunt will be most annoying.

Personally, I point at something a relevant distance to the scene and tap to focus or refer to peaking, rather than assuming :infinity: is either accurate or what I’m really wanting.

1 Like

Wow, a lot to be trying today.
I’m sure I’ll be back asking for more tips and tricks throughout the day :joy:

1 Like

Thats what I did when I had the MP but the M2P focus is slightly different and tapping infinity gives better results and is more reliable.

No idea why.

2 Likes

Think focus peaking and over exposure warning are 2 of the best features that dont get talked about a lot recently.

2 Likes

Histogram! :wink::+1:
Over-exposure and a lot more.

3 Likes

Do you not use over exposure as well?

2 Likes

Nope. Just histogram.

2 Likes

I like the zebra lines as well. Cant always make out everything on the screen in strong sunlight but they stand out.

2 Likes