Eilean Donan Castle, Dornie, Scotland - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Perhaps the most photographed castle in Scotland, the stunning Eilean Donan, situated on a small island at the confluence of 3 lochs. There is a high level road that affords a great view and TOAL point - which is where I have placed my pin - other TOAL points include the overflow car park for the Castle, the Car Park of the Coffee shop just over the bridge and the first clip was taken from about 2 miles away at a viewpoint - on the same road as the Castle viewpoint.

Weather was changeable on the day, and as can be seen, wind is a problem in the location, although it is much more sheltered than some other local flying spots…

It is inside EGR610A the Highlands FRZ, so check whether the FRZ is active or not on your App before flying, and if in doubt contact the RAF Low Fly team or do not fly.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

I’ve flown here too @AlbionDrones :grin:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @AlbionDrones :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @AlbionDrones :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like