Eilean Donan Castle, Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland

Up to Scotland at the beginning of October and managed to get the drone up once or twice, but not anywhere as often as I would have liked. Here is a short video of the atmospheric Eilean Donan Castle along with one or two photos. I hope you enjoy.

10 Likes

Really enjoyed the video and the photos.

1 Like

Many thanks John. Appreciated :pray:

Love Scotland, fantastic scenery everywhere

1 Like

Thanks Dren. It really is a beautiful country.

Nice photos and videos of my favourite castle, lost count of how many visits I’ve made over the years. Got some nice black and white prints somewhere, taken on a mamiya TLR medium format camera and printed at home many years ago. I’ll have to organise a trip over that way next year for some shots with the mini2

1 Like

Thank you very much Darren. It really is a beautiful place.

Great photos and video Steve, Nicely done mate :ok_hand:

1 Like

Many thanks Steve. One of the few chances when it was not raining lol.

1 Like

Beautiful video and stunning images

1 Like

Thank you John. :pray:

RE your first picture, I hope you don’t mind but I had a play with some crops an in my opinion there is a version (more than one in fact) in there that screams to be printed at least A4 and hung on the wall. What I preferred is around a third taken off the bottom, and the left hand side bringing in just a smidge, just my opinion of course but I feel it makes the subject much stronger and also gives a little more focus to the clouds

1 Like

Not at all Darren. There are certainly a number of crops that could be made. For this I left ‘as was’ as I wanted to keep the castle in it’s surrounds (which I realise that the others do as well lol).

Nice one great footage👍

Many thanks Derek :pray:

Amazing, Steve. Well done mate :clap:

1 Like

Many thanks Chris :+1: :pray:

1 Like

Great video and photos Steve :+1: Last pic is my favourite :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thank you very much John. Means a lot coming from you. I think that one is my favourite too.

1 Like