Emergency stop on Mavic 2

High all, just wondering what your views are on the emergency stop by pushing both sticks down and to one side the same way as you can start the motors. My worry is I do a lot of manual Maneuvers and that one day the drone would fall out of the sky because I accidentally put both sticks in that position. Can that actually happen?

3 Likes

Only in the event of a critical internal failure mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can adjust setting in Go4 app for CSC command.

There is an option “emergency only” where the command will only work during a failure.

Emergency only was always the default option on MP but be aware my M2P came defaulted to allow CSC at any time.

4 Likes

3 Likes

No way?! :scream:

2 Likes

Few people on DJI forum crashed in first few months after release by performing a CSC in flight, that’s the reason I checked mine.

God knows why they changed it as it was implemented after all the crashes with original MP.

Newer drones might be different.

1 Like

Hmm ,think i will double check that as well,that’s the last thing i need !!!:wink::wink:

3 Likes

Interested to hear if yours is the same.

2 Likes

Anyway, it’s not that big an issue … do it again and it starts up again. :+1:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Not if its upside down,its game over…:wink::wink:

Nope. It will right itself … if there’s sufficient height.

People that have attained ridiculously massive altitudes kill the motors at max height when the batteries are almost spent and then restart just in time to bring under control and land.

4 Likes

Will check that ASAP,as soon as i have a charged battery,and will let you know,not sure if the default setting has been changed in any of the app updates ?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply’s, so let me make sure I’ve got it right I need to make sure it is set to emergency only and not CSC.

I think the options are “emergency only” and “always”.

You want it set for emergency only.

CSC stands for “combination stick command” and is simply the procedure of pulling the sticks to initiate the shutdown. How it reacts is determined by the setting mentioned above.

4 Likes

Cheers Callum, I will check before next flight.:+1:t2:

1 Like

For real??? :grimacing: take balls to do that!

1 Like

This really does need checking.

Yeah - went to 15,000ft, or something … so plenty of time to get restarted. :wink:

1 Like

Or a sponsored YouTube account :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Other examples are available:

1 Like