Falls of Foyers, Loch Ness - Added to Rivers and Canals in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park in the free parking at Waterfall Cafe - reasonable coffee and cake - and then walk down the well signposted paths to find an area to TOAL.

The paths down to the falls viewpoint are well maintained and steep, not suitable for wheelchairs, but there is a picnic area at the top that will allow flying of the drone to capture the falls and to allow you to maintain VLOS - best to use a spotter though as you will need to focus on the screen to see what you are capturing. Alternatively walk lower down to the viewpoint and you can fly and maintain VLOS at the same time…

Sadly the day we went the falls were a mere trickle, but I have seen it much more impressive in the past - all depends on how much rain the river Foyers has received in its watershed…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too @AlbionDrones :grin:

2 Likes

Hopefully with a little more water than when we visited :slight_smile:

Pretty sure there’ll be a load of water there today :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very disappointed, it was a trickle :rofl:

2 Likes

About the same as what we had…

It rained heavily yesterday evening so I was expecting a bit more, alas, heading home tomorrow.