Farnham Castle - Added to English Heritage in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

TOAL was from Farnham Park to the east. This is within the Farnborough CTR but no permission required.

Farnham Castle is an English Heritage site so permissions are needed to take off and fly within the site.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 11/05/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

I’ve flown here too @gimbalflight :grin:

Not my favourite spot so far. The park has a lot of trees which makes maintaining VLOS a challenge, and I’m not sure I’d trust RTH. Plus if it wasn’t boxing day and closed, I probably wouldn’t have felt too comfortable flying over the castle from the outside - felt a bit cheeky and when open probably constitutes a ‘gathering / crowd’.

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @gimbalflight :slightly_smiling_face:

Plenty of areas to choose in the park. I ended up going in a little opening in the trees as everywhere else seemed popular with people walking, which was fine, just had to ensure to avoid the trees and then walk around as required to maintain VLOS.

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @gimbalflight :slightly_smiling_face:

I parked on the road, max stay I think was 2 hours but you’ll be fighting the residents for a space!
As I was walking / flying I noticed the cricket club parking is much closer, but I figured it was probably private - but worth a try perhaps.

Very nice, been to Farnham didn’t realise about the castle !