Fawley Power Station

The site of the recently demolished Fawley Power Station along Southampton Water. A filming location to films such as Solo: A Star Wars Story and Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation.

The property is also used to spray paint wind turbine blades that are manufactured on the Isle of Wight.

11 Likes

Nice photo!

1 Like

Super photo and location, my Mavic Air 2 took some footage on the Calshot side a few months ago, it was a shame I missed the chimney when it came down; Dad worked there for many years. I am in Hythe :slight_smile:

1 Like

You didn’t miss much on the day the chimney came down. The weather was awful and visibility was naff and they blew it down at 7am! I’m sure that was a deliberate time to keep crowds away as the road into Calshot was blocked by the police.

It’s worth flying from the location I was at, not a soul around!

I remember the rain; I was away at the time it came down; dad missed it too; when he worked there, he dropped his pocket watch from the top inside of the chimney; he found it three days later wedged between some pipes, it still worked when he wound it up. I will check the area when I am out walking. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

1 Like