FCC mode for DJI FPV (B3YOND)

@Nidge
Just for confirmation.
If you connect your phone to the goggles it forces the update

What about if the phone is in flight mode? Does it still force the update?

I’m not going to be the one who tries this, so please don’t ask me to.

:thinking:

It’s a good question. If you’re using Android then the only way to get the App is from DJI, and who knows what they can add to it without formally saying so. They often tweak the App and just change the build number and not the version number

Just to be sure I’d download an older version of the App, install it offline, and disable all the App permissions, and never put the device back online. But I do wear a foil lined hair net.

I have monitored the external connections the DJIFly APP creates, these are mainly to Amazon’s server facility, which no doubts then fwds to DJI.

I think Ian of Mads Tech mentioned that if you do inadvertently install the dodgy firmware you can put the Goggles into Air Unit mode reinstall the Air mode firmware and this will reset the FPV Drone firmware allowing you to roll back. The V2 Goggles are like a computer with a dual boot OS. Again I’m not sure I want to test this for myself.

1 Like

Well.
If anyone was to test this, I think with the knowledge and expertise you have, you would be the man to try it

1 Like

yes the app works, it releases greater distance and improves the signal in obstacles, but sometimes it can happen to lock the telemetry in the glasses, which does, you don’t have the altitude, distance of the drone and you won’t see how much battery you have, but the RTH works correctly

my drone is updated with version 0015, glasses and dronedjifpv, it was really worse than version 0020 , but I unlock my drone with B3YOND and everything is much better, better than version 0020, the only bad thing is that it crashes telemetry in the glasses, so I have to fly close to me when this happens, stay tuned for telemetry, distance and signal has improved a lot with B3YOND

Interesting.

I’m not doubting your experience but until someone is prepared to try this and measure the resultant power output my system is staying clear of 0015. It’s not just the power issue but the inability to roll back the firmware. There are quite a few examples whereby DJI release a FW update and the drone becomes grounded. If as I suspect the FPV Drone is now essentially EOL, 0015 maybe the last FW the drone receives, and I’m not prepared to limit my investment.

3 Likes

Friend, I sent an email to DJI, the fadback is that there will be updates soon for my drone with FW 0015, I said that the signal was weak, that the distance decreased, and they replied that this will be fixed in the next update; Right now I’m using B3YOND, so I’m flying free and better than version 0020, but I still don’t recommend putting your drone on version 0015.

I would like to believe that DJI are being truthful about this, but past experience has me thinking otherwise. I and others were promised a fix for a product that DJI restricted its use of via a FW update. That fix never arrived, instead they discontinued all support for it.

As the rumours for a V3 FPV system are becoming more credible the likelihood for any sustained support for the V1 and V2 systems is diminishing fast.

Even D3VL, the people whom brought you B3YOND, have stated that with the release of the 0015 firmware their patch is in all likelihood ineffective. The same message appears on Drone-Hacks. Interestingly there isn’t a similar disclaimer on the Drone Tweaks website.

The power of suggestion can be, well, powerful. Just look at Religion, the anti-vax movement, flat Earth. Take for instance the cheap plastic things you can clip to your controller that allegedly boost your signal. Many reviewers and users will make claims that they were able to fly further with them than without them. But the only evidence provided is to show two back to back flights. I can do two back to back flights without any modification and obtain two different results. I have a background in antenna design and theory, and if I model these plastic things that are littered all over Amazon and eBay they all produce similar results, the benefit of which is zero. Again it would appear that the power of suggestion will lead many to believe that natural law can be suspended.

Like the coke can amplifiers people believed work on their WiFi routers :wink:

There was a small degree of method behind that madness. The wavelength of 2.4GHz is approximately 12.5cm. The average diameter of a coke can is 7mm.

Account for the velocity factor of the coke can and you end up with a waveguide with a cross section close to a half wave.

As I say, a very small degree of method to the madness, but Pringles Cans had greater gain.

2 Likes

Any news about avata fcc?
Few days had passed since they did receive drone, anyone knows if there is any progress?

It’s mentioned here.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the right link Dave :smiley:

@Kami try here:

1 Like

Updated.

1 Like

That’s the Drone Hacks mod, not this here B3YOND mod.

Better than a MotoGP link though :smiley:

1 Like

im also drone tweaks on my mini 2 & fav aswel as mini 3 pro once i can work out to side load the fcc tweak.
best tweak for dpi by far

I was waiting for b3yond :slight_smile: great they did it :slight_smile: I hope weekend weather will be good for sime testing

2 Likes

So easy and free :+1: I have not tested yet myself. As weather sh@t here atm :confused:

Same looking to weekend to test it :slight_smile:

1 Like