FCS with good support for reference frame offsets?

Hi all,

About to take the self build plunge and got it mostly figured out, the one thing I would like advice with, is which control software has the best support for configuring a reference frame for the drone (i.e for lever arms and offset angles)

Ardupilot seems to be the king for this but lacks some of the more friendly features of some of the FPV software such as beta flight (also “pre-made” ardupilot FC’s are expensive compared to alternatives). Wanted to hear from those with more experience. INAV looks decent but cant find any direct reference to GPS offsets

I know typically at this scale these things don’t matter, but this is a RTK capable drone so will be positionally accurate to 2-3 cm making the actual offset between the camera lens and GNSS antenna account for most of the inaccurary!

Thinking of just dealing with the learning curve and going with Ardupilot and a beaglebone based controller having done some reading

Ardupilot is your friend here, unless you build your own controller and write your own software but that’s not a quick task.
Good luck, hope project goes well for you :smile:

1 Like

Ardupilot now runs on ChibiOS which means you can use the low cost controllers (Matek F4, F7, H7 etc.) rather than hundreds of pounds for a CUBE
see list here