FINALLY the Mavic 3 in My hands!

I was thinking that I would try the beach, but those Gulls have put me off! LOL does DJI care cover Gull attacks? LOL

3 Likes

Covers pigeon attacks. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gulls are seriously weird beasts. The one location I just won’t fly there any more.

• Not a gull in the air.
  • Start motors out of sight of those on the mud-banks
  • Sky full of gulls on sound alone.
  • Mob the drone as soon as the see it.

5 miles along the coast, they don’t give a jot.

My Spark’s build quality is a significant improvement to the Mavic Mini.

I’m neither a hater nor an advocate, I just don’t think the robustness, or rather lack of, is befitting of a Drone costing close to £4.5K and intended to be used in the commercial / enterprise industry.

The way DJI are now currently constructing their drones is such that they’re built well enough to do the job, but not strong enough to survive a job when things don’t go quite to plan.

However, there’s no denying that the results you’ve obtained are really very good.

3 Likes

To my eyes there is no difference in video quality than my Air 2S, costing less than half, I will wait to see what the promised updates will bring, but I very much doubt it’ll bring double the Air 2S’s value

3 Likes

Blimey - I didn’t buy the Cine! I just got etc Mavic 3 bundle, so it was £2.5K (plus it is by birthday soon so it was a treat I have been saving for)

I think that the use is the key part here, like I said above it is the same as Canon and Nikon did a number of years back chasing the camera’s to appeal to the semi-pro market. The Camera is an upgrade to the Mavic previous models. The settings I used where out of the box and not custom at all.

It will be a personal thing, I think that when you fly it and you feel the control and the response it does sway you, especially as I had my Mavic Mini with me as well and when I flew that - it felt so different, I think my youngest Son is going to enjoy getting a Mavic Mini for his filming trips :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy if you are happy, I think you will find many of us are quite deflated, and that came about the moment we heard the expected release prices.
Sadly DJI have priced 90% of their hobbyists out of the market, we expected the Mavic 3 to be a drone for all like the MP2 was, sadly they have made it more for the professional, who in my mind would be better off with an interchangeable lens system drone!
This is juts my opinion mind, I see nothing in this Mavic 3 that my Air 2S will not do for half the money.
I also agree where Nikon and Canon are concerned, I actually thought the same, the new Z system was a way to triple their lens prices for Nikon, sadly their sales figures prove thus far they were wrong

3 Likes

No, it’s not.

It’s the opinion of about 80% of the people here - as that megathread has covered in quite some detail :confused:

Look forward to seeing a RAW file from Marc :+1:t2:

4 Likes

The problem with the 3 is for the hike in price it doesn’t give the leap people wanted considering where tech has gone since the release of the 2 pro.
I’m still a believer that the 2 camera system is a gimmick to try to pacify the users that wanted interchangeable lenses or a true zoom lens.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

They should’ve released:

• 3 Pro (full frame)
  • 3 Zoom
  • 3 Cine (As is released) combo camera
4 Likes

For me it’s the question of

Is it worth the price of a Mini 2, Air2s and DJIFPV (all combo) combined ?

Jury’s out (I’m not getting one)

5 Likes

The main thing is, as long as your happy with it quality/cost wise thats what counts.

Good mini review :+1:

1 Like

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Mavic 3 and have been ready to jump on it the second it was released, but I have to say that I am hugely disappointed in the specs.
I initially bought a drone for photography, rather than video. Although I have been using the M2P for videos the main reason still remains photography. From everything I have read and seen about the Mavic 3 there seems to be a slight improvement for video makers, but very little for photographers - certainly not ÂŁ2.5k worth.
I will not be buying one to replace the amazing Mavic 2 Pro (and the many accessories I have for it).
The wait now starts for the Mavic 4 - let’s see what that might bring. The class marking issues may also have been cleared up by that point.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that line for future purchases … :wink:

2 Likes

You mentioned the low level flying being a bit unsteady, I have noticed this in a few M3 videos, it doesn’t seem as rock solid steady as the M2P, maybe a firmware update/fix in jan will sort that out, but for such an expensive drone you would think it would be extra smooth/steady at low level with GPS fix etc, can see more than a few low level bumps coming due to this.

1 Like

Jan firmware fixes won’t help those that have already smashed theirs, I have heard of too many already in just a week, very poor show from DJI and I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t served with a class action, you know what the Yanks are like for sub standard equipment

1 Like

True, very true, & for a drone that came with the massive claim of 360 deg obstacle avoidance, it just shouldn’t be like this, after all it is a premier drone with a colossus price tag & this is scary, I genuinely feel sorry for the people who have waited so long for this drone & have this happen in the roll-out week, I really wanted to like this drone so much, like I do with the M2P, but the magic just isn’t there yet.

1 Like