Firmware install for power egg x

Hello I’m Jewels,
I can’t update the firmware on my new Power Egg X, It keeps coming up …
Network error.

I wanted to add, can I please get help with this issue and thank you!

Cheers,
Jewels

Hi @Jewels It looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over the introductions page and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself.

Try removing the SD card

Thank you and yes I am new! I will be happy to introduce myself!

1 Like

Hi Julie, welcome from the Black Country.

You’ll normally get that message when the drone’s not connected to the internet to download the new firmware. The Power Egg was never very popular (I think it was very expensive when it was new), but Captain Drone over on YouTube featured them a few times.

hi, any idea how to connect the drone to the internet? i connected it to the drone wifi network but it keeps prompting that there’s a network error when attempting to update… the drone is now flightless from the failure to update lol

Hi @gm2000 It looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Are you also having issues with the power egg x?

Why not nip over the introductions page and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself.

1 Like

Connect your phone to the controller with the USB lead.
Connect the phone to the internet
Start the app, if there’s any updates it’ll ask you to download/update the firmware.
Download the new firmware from the site and the app will finish everything off for you.

Read the manual from page 11 (Firmware update)

1 Like

Another PowerEgg X user :scream:.

@Hotrodspike is correct. The drone and controller need to be bound, and the controller connected to your smart device. This is the network the Vision+2 App is referring to. If you start the APP without connecting to the drone and controller it will by default claim there is a FW update available. I’ve just started the APP on my iPad, which isn’t connected to the drone, and it claims a FW is available, even though I know my PEX is up to date.

If the App has never been connected to the drone it will always claim there is a firmware update available. When connected and the firmware on the drone is the same as that on the server the message will disappear, otherwise you are free to perform the update. Make sure you use a fully charged battery as the update process can be lengthy.

There haven’t been any updates for the PEX in the last two years so if the previous owner had used it in this timeframe it probably won’t require an update.