First Flight for rorymax

Sorry,

Nothing exciting to be told here, do not get over enthused.

After 3 failed attempts to satisfactorily upgrade DGI GO4 to the latest version, I was eventually given permission to take off.

Very nervy, loved it, was afraid of getting too carried away so deferred further activity until tomorrow.

Adrenalin rush at my age…:joy:

6 Likes

Good stuff John.

I remember how nervous I was on my first flight.

Cracking day for it, where did you fly?

1 Like

In my garden Callum :blush:

2 Likes

Wow,remember my first ever flight,i was an absolute wreck ,watching my £1000 plus investment taking off!:wink::wink::+1:

4 Likes

Thank you firefox8.

No probs,its always the first flight,than its gets better as your confidence grows in your bird,you learn to trust her…:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’m sure my MP has nine lives. Its gone through 3 already .

3 Likes

Congrats on the maiden flight!! :smiley:

4 Likes

yep,very true,i almost lost my mp 2 in Cornwall,came back from over the sea,landed with %0 battery,and had to use sport mode because of the wind,if i had lost signal,it was game over…:hushed::hushed:.

1 Like

You made me :sweat_smile: joe.k.

Keep em tight together always friend :wink:

“Gets better as your confidence grows with your bird “ … Touching !

2 Likes

Aww, shucks, PingSpike, I only just got it off the ground, less than 10 metres.

But thank you so much, means more than perhaps you will ever know my friend.

Ta again.

2 Likes

Did your battery survive getting that flat ?

1 Like

I am losing touch with all the kind replys.

You are really a nice bunch on here, I don’t want to miss a ‘Thank You’ to anyone so,#

…THANKYOOOOOO all.

2 Likes

surprisingly it seems to be fine,but did fly that battery low and close,just to make sure,and all is well:+1::+1:

2 Likes

No, it did not joe.k, damned download took forever, basically outpaced a fully charged battery, not sure that was the sole reason for the slow update though.

Quite possibly the faults were at my end, sorry don’t really know,I’m a bit unsure about many aspects at the moment, so far I’m just happy that I appear to have got off the ground.

Ta mate,
John

1 Like

I think I was off kilter and not quite addressing your issue… but I too have had update issues .

1 Like

John,you are aware that there is a version of DJI assistant for mavic 2 ? I had the same problem,downloaded DJI assistant for mavic and everything worked like charm,and super quick:+1:

1 Like

Exactly the same myself with my Mavic Pro back in the day :+1:
It gets much calmer :wink:
Trust The Tech!

3 Likes

LOL DTH mine was also with a mavic pro platinum!!

2 Likes