First photo post

I’d love to see the original photo run through gigapixel AI. I am of course assuming that this wasn’t the original pixel dimensions of the photo.

@Indy-Garden I assume you shoot in RAW. You’ll get the best results for Post Production using RAW instead of the JPG.

It’s a wonderful photo. The detail on the feathers is amazing and that eye is pin sharp in focus. Well done!

1 Like

OK… if you want a copy…

tried to upload raw (.cr3) but ERR returned…

"Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, zip, rar, xls, xlsx, doc, docx, txt, csv, log, dat, dng, jfif, webp)."

i see that canon heif nor cr4 are not available either…

Suggestions anyone ??

1 Like

Zip or Rar and upload will work.

thaks, will try to remember that… :thinking: :smiley:

IMG_5743.zip (34.5 MB)

1 Like

Hi. file uploaded… please share your results… :grin:

Woah it’s even better in Hi-Res. A really nice photo and for my personal taste it didn’t need much tweaking at all.

I brought it in to Lightroom and did a small edit. A small light adjustment to brighten it and give a little more contrast, upped the texture detail to bring out those feathers and added some sharpening and noise reduction. Oh and a small healing brush on the white bits on the beak and on the feather.

And cropped like yours.

I have to say yours is a better edit…
nice…

I don’t have Lightroom, only elements, and that has issues it cant overcome and I’m not going to replace a 6mth old pc…

It’s all about the original photo quality though in all honesty. Editing, to me, is a personal preference. Unless you’re doing it for a client of course!

You won’t go far wrong if you take photos as good as this regularly. If you want any tips, forums like this are the place to ask!

All the best,

Andy.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: DSLR Photography and Accessories

Hi, welcome. the robin picture is a good one, and you are doing great because I have been on here a fair while now but have not yet plucked up the courage to post a pic or video.

1 Like

hi.
thankyou…

i learned how to use a camera self taught by sitting down and playing with it… a friend who lives 7 doors from me who is a retired teacher, photographer, artist and potter…the advice he gave me was never worry what others think of what you create… take as many shots as you can and pick the ones that i think are best… then show them to others. only show what you like, not what you think other will like. your hobby is for your happiness. the shots that make you happy will probably not always be your best, but that is irrelevant.

with a any hobby or activity, life is not best lived buy keeping others happy. live for your own happiness. …

i think i am the same as everybody else… most shots end up deleted.

so please pick one and post… pick one that you like…

Indy

3 Likes

Well said Charlie and a very profound statement. It’s a mental thought many need to aspire to generally throughout life including myself.

1 Like