First video with mini 3 pro and first ever YouTube video

Ok so I’ve been wanting to do this for ages and I keep putting it off because the standard is so high on YouTube that I’m worried my stuff will look cr4p! But I have now decided I need to start somewhere, so here’s my first video!

I have ZERO subscribers so I guess there’s nowhere to go but up…

9 Likes

Hi @there I’ve edited your post to include the OneBox preview.

To do this just paste the YouTube link into a new line of its own with no spaces etc.

No need to use the insert hyperlink button in the message composer or any embed code, its all done automatically for you if you follow the above.

www.youtube.com/justlikethis
1 Like

Thank you that’s great, I’ll remember that for next time!

@The_Stuffitect great video I have subscribe to your Channel. We all think that our videos should be like a marvel film production, far from it we have all got to learn for some where most of the time we look at YouTube and see how great others make them, trying to copy them. Just do what is right for you you are the cameraman, take advice from others some may help some not but as you do more your conference will grow.
My site has only 3 videos on it just doing the 4th. Have a look at mine and tell me what you think
https://youtube.com/channel/UCV_TvFYp23AN8NWavHnZn9A

Good video, have subscribed to your channel. I am a beginner myself and found this video by Ian in London really useful.
DJI Mini 3 Pro: Three Simple Settings for Smooth Flight & Video - YouTube
I only have 4 drone videos on my channel so far. If you want to have a look (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyr1LLR1TH3sAGFyL7OviUw)

@OldGit62 Hi Gary I have subscribed to yours, having a follow back would be great👍

That’s really impressive as a first video… looks like you are using some quite advanced editing features (to me anyway)… jump cuts and speed ramping. There is also a really cool transition in there too.
A very good first effort I’d say … well done :slight_smile:

Nowt wrong with that, when I look at my first videos I’m really embarrassed at how they look but you learn as you go along. I’m still not that good, maybe my age (70). lol.
I’ve subscribed also, look forward to more of your videos.

Some nice shots there mate. Subscribed :+1:
Is that Davinci resolve your using?

1 Like

Thanks @Gham , good advice! I watched your videos - I found the footage of the harvester mesmerizing…And you managed to track that fly past surprisingly well, very good control - not sure I could have done that! I will subscribe to your channel and look forward to more.

Thanks @OldGit62, I love the boat house - how did you do that, was it manual control or did you put the drone on ‘orbit’ mode?

I’d love to find a location like that with a nice interesting subject and loads of nice landscape around it! Finding good locations is part of the fun though I guess…

Thank you very much! Yes Da Vinci Resolve, seems very powerful once you start digging but I don’t have the knowledge or the experience yet to decipher what all of it means.

Thanks BudgieUK that’s kind of you to say! Not sure if you noticed but I tried to coordinate the jump cuts to the music, however it seems to have gone slightly out of sync when uploaded to YouTube. I used iMovie for iPad to produce a couple of very basic videos in the past which was super easy, but this Resolve business is making my head spin!

1 Like

I’m quite excited to try to improve my flying and editing skills.
I’m happy to take my time, and gradually improve my skills in both.
Let’s see how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @The_Stuffitect, The boat house was “orbit” mode. I also tried “helix” and “droney” but didn’t like them as much.
Unfortunately I live within Southends FRZ so I have to drive/ride outside of it. The boat house is only 10 minutes drive for me and remote enough until I get more confident flying the drone.
I tend to use google maps to find places to fly, then check them on altitude angel for FRZs. I have to look for places that have somewhere I can park either my motorcycle or car as I can not walk very far.

Any reason our own DroneScene isn’t your map of choice.

DroneScene is good showing ground hazards etc, but with the satellite overlay when zooming in it is not as clear as google maps. I use it to look for access as I mobility issues due spine problems. A stile on a foot path is as good as a 10ft fence for me, so I need the sharper images.

Nice video. I have been using Openshot so far but might give Da Vinci a go.

Thanks! Yeah try it, very fully featured especially for a free piece of software…I’m working on a few videos at the moment and trying different techniques, it’s really fun but I do find myself scratching my head quite often as I try to figure out how to achieve what I’m going for. You might find it easier if you’re already familiar with other software. Let me know what you think of it compared to what you’re used to!

I think that’s really good for your first video! Well done.

I bought my first drone last week and am still a bit nervous flying it. Slowly starting to trust myself, and the drone.