Flying beyond VLOS - not mine

He is a member here LOL.

I actually posted a link right here in the Grey Arrows Drone Club forum to my very first flight (the day after my mini 2 drone arrived) just after I joined in November and I am still as enthusiastic about this wee drone (my Lassie) as I was on that first video!

Thanks very much for the lovely words about my channel everyone :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Keep it up Robert,

Love seeing all the things you and Lassie get up to! :grin: good to know it’s well received too!

Thanks @PingSpike for being as eagle eyed as ever!

3 Likes

You gained a new subscriber from this thread. Great videos. :+1:

1 Like

I also play in a band, or have been trying to for these past 12 months :frowning:, and have been wondering about the possibilities of using drone footage for videos. Do you have any examples to share? :slightly_smiling_face:
-a fellow Reaper user.

1 Like

Last time the band had a gig it was in April 2020 and I didn’t have the drone yet. But we are moving closer to another ‘garden gig’ and I’m thinking about how I can incorporate the drone as an additional camera this time.

On that occasion, I used 4 ipads set up around the stage to record the video (and the audio unfortunately as we had an issue with the desk that day and couldn’t record from it) and split the gig into individual songs.

Here’s a link to one of the vids from the gig:

4 Likes

I’ve edited your post @Windswept so you get the pretty onebox preview and not just the link

To do this just paste the YouTube url in a line of its own no spaces

www.YouTube.com/justlikethis
1 Like

Entertainment sorted for the big meet up!

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t really see any way of doing it without getting someone else to drive. Unless you use Litchi to set up a predetermined path, I suppose. Some simple passes focused on centre stage, maybe?

If Litchi becomes available for the mini 2, I’d love it. But for the moment it’s only available for the Mavic Mini :frowning:

I can see how a drone for footage could be utilised in a few different ways. I have the Air 2 and it’s autonomous flight options such as the POI function with its orbit would be cool… the biggest thing you would have to consider going down this route is the WHERE to film so you have the space you need and also you are not interrupted while filming.

Somewhere like this, for preference. :grin:

1 Like

Perfect :ok_hand:t2:

Think there’s plenty of people here who would love the opportunity to film you whilst you play

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve been provided with a new drone and battery by DJI in time for my trip up to Fort William at the end of this week.

2 Likes

That’s great news, Brinderz! There are so many fantastic locations all around Fort William. If you get a chance to take a drive on ‘The Road To The Isles’ (you’ll pass right by the viaduct used in the Harry Potter movies), you’ll see some of the most breath-taking sights in the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rob I’ll be pestering you soon, as just started booking an NC500 holiday as it seems Scotland is the closest thing to abroad I’ll get this year :joy:

1 Like

You may not get weather as ‘sun-bathey’ as you would abroad, but you’ll get a different kind of feast for your eyes! :wink:

My daughter and her hubby and kids did the NC500 the year before Covid struck. I tried to do it years ago when I was still a biker, but I didn’t get a weather opportunity that I would enjoy on the bike and now it’s too late as I have sold my bikes :frowning:

Given up on ever seeing the sun again, just can’t believe in 33 years I’ve never been to Scotland and my Canadian partner whose been in the uk for 8 years now has been 3 times :joy:

1 Like

Same mate! Although… get this…. I’m going to Gretna in August, that’s just over the border right? :face_with_monocle::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t be tricked into saying anything :wink: