Flying in Dorset

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I are off to Blandford Forum in Dorset for a few days from this Tuesday. From Drone Scene I notice a couple of suitable places for flying are Longham Lakes, and Wareham forest. Any more info on either of those sites would be greatly appreciated, or indeed any other suitable places?
Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

I was down at Wareham forest a few weeks ago. Nice and quiet with a parking area. Picnic tables and take off room.

Durdle Door requires pre booking to park there but I have seen a few great drone videos from there and when I was In Lulworth Cove I saw guys flying drones off the cliffs above. Lulworth itself has a ton of signs stating no drones so you can give that one a miss.

Cerne Abbas has no limitations for drones and neither has Upton manor country park - both areas I flew the phantom whilst there. The manor is closed but the park is nice and relaxing. Hope that helps a little :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s excellent help, thank you very much. I’ve always enjoyed photography, so this new perspective adds the “wow” factor, and I look forward to trying the locations you suggest.

1 Like