Flying in Lincolnshire - Where to Fly?

I’m going to be up in Lincolnshire (Alford area) for a few days in about six weeks for a short break with the missus and she’s already asked ‘are you taking the drone?’…Stupid bloody question if you ask me but hey ho, I digress

Anyway, apart from Chapel St Leonards and Sandilands and one or two others which are on Dronescene, can anyone recommend anywhere else to fly within a 30 to 45 minute drive of Alford?

Looking on Google maps Bolingbrooke Castle is just down the road.
It’s an English Heritage site so usual rules apply re no TOAL.
There are roads close to it and if you choose your time should be fairly quiet.
There is also a quarry at South Thoresby, might be interesting. Probably a good idea to contact them first.

Thanks Kev. I’ve just written to them. you never know ya luck

The coast at Sandilands is definitely on and I’ve earmarked one or two other places as well.

New Drone flyer, looking for interesting places to fly any recommendations greatly appreciated

I was struggling to find places close by here in Stamford.
I am now getting into checking out churches. I would prefer castles but there is a shortage around here.
Finding ones that are not surrounded by trees can be tricky but with Google Maps to help it can be done. Also, during the week there is not much activity around them.
This last weekend I flew 2 churches close to each other and am now getting to grips with DaVinci editing.
There were people working in the churchyard at one but I spoke to them and they were quite amenable. I have forwarded pictures to them and a link to a video.

Not many places to fly in Lincs @Chrisfields123

Can you travel out a bit?

Plenty of recommendations here:

I think this would be more of; drive out of Lincoln for 10
Minutes in virtually any direction and take your pick.
There is that much open land around Lincoln if I was you I would go and find something no one else has found or put on Drone Scene.

You will be pleasantly surprised how many places you can fly if you investigate.
:+1:t2:

1 Like