Flying Mavic Air inside a warehouse

This image shows the small unit where I crashed. The next door unit where I’m supposed to shoot is 4 time this size with similar grey floor. I can put a marker for take off but after, the flying will be partially over that floor and the cars.

ooo i’d like to fly in there, nice job kamal.

i’d take it slowly but definitely have another go and stay really close to the drone yourself until you are really comfortable flying it in all directions.
i would have another practice in the hangar (not near the car or lights) to see how the drone handles the stability, can you set up another camera to video it while you are flying to see how the stability is? a go pro or something

what is the aim of the video?

i like the understatment
“get a simple video flying above several cars lined up inside a warehouse unit.”
several cars, no mention that they’re F1

:smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks lee,
I think I lost the confidence after the hard landing. I’ve been flying outdoor the past few days with no problems.
It’s just going back to the unit that puts me off but I have to face it anyway so I’ll be there Thursday.

hah don’t worry just take it slow.

I got cocky too quickly and tries the m2p in a stair well on first proper day of filming, the windage from the props blew it off track, hit the wall and landed on my wifes head, broke a prop but she was ok.

had a few crashes since then, mainly my stupidity, but if you have the spares and you’re patient will be fine.

I’m sure you do but I have good insurance especially if you’re flying near those cars

this is all shot on m2p

Very nice clip ! Was it all shot in ATTI mode ?

I have a grey floor in my kitchen exactly the same colour and my Tello will not hover over it at all. No way whatsoever. Seems the sensors just can’t see the floor.

Gutted as it means I have to fly it in our smaller living room :frowning:

1 Like

not in atti @Kamal just using the downward facing camera and in tripod mode.

1 Like

As this is a flight for commercial gain you would normally required. PfCO from the CAA, however it’s indoors so outside of their durisdiction.
You would however have had to learn to fly in attitude mode to pass the test…
I think your main issue is you are effectively flying in a farriday cage so no GPS si if nsl is available to maintain stability.
Follow the advice, manually set your drone to attitude mode whilst outside and learn to fly it without the prospect of crashing into your team’s car!

Just my 2p worth, why not put an Osmo or gimbal on a large pole

3 Likes