Flying over Alexandra Palace, London

Hi, new here so excuse this if it’s in the wrong place. So I have a new Mini 3 Pro (registered and have operators licence) and was looking forward to getting some amazing shots of Alexandra Palace in London next weekend. The views are amazing from there.

Drone assist mentions nothing about restrictions etc but Alexandra Palace website says you are not allowed to fly drones above their park.

Im guessing therefore im not allowed which is a bit disappointing but couldn’t that basically mean anyone could just post something online stating “drones are not allowed to fly over my property” and thus making it some kind of contravention if they do?

Or would you be tempted to fly there anyway considering the CAA have no restricted airspace mentioned there.

UKD.

National Trust and a bunch of other places say the same thing :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:t2:

Thankfully none of them actually govern the airspace :slight_smile:

Provided you’re flying within the confines of the Drone Code, and there are no airspace restrictions in place at the time of your flight, you’re good to go.

3 Likes

The important factor is where you take off from.

As long as that isn’t from private land or land where restrictions are in place you are good to go (as long as you follow the various restrictions that do exist in the air).

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ll certainly TOAL from outside the boundaries of the park. Should make for some great footage.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to post the result here :slight_smile:

1 Like