Fog alert! Southampton/Portsmouth

With all this very light wind forecast over the next few days, I’ve been scouring forecast data for low level relative humidity and lapse-rate predictions … and I think there’s fog possibilities for both Friday and Saturday mornings … for those that want to get up early and fly above the stuff … like @BrianB :wink:

Haha! I thought it was a warning not to fly, but now I see its a perfect opportunity, as long as you keep it in view. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve had my MP above fog and perfectly in view. Vertical visibility can be not too bad even when horizonal is crap … and strobes help.

Thanks Dave - Alarm clock will be set, just need to think where to go? :grinning:

1 Like

Just need to see what forecasts nearer the time have to say about it, too … especially my forecast when I don’t believe official ones. :rofl:

1 Like

Downgrading this forecast probability.

Less likely tomorrow morning - and more probable well before daylight.

Saturday morning now unlikely - though not impossible.

:confused: still a sunrise is due but Sunday will be better, clocks go forward :wink::joy:

Well, fog or no fog, I’m all charged and ready for a silly o’clock start in the morning. Just need to see what’s happening out of the window when the alarm goes off.

1 Like

Enjoy Dave - saving mine till Saturday :sunglasses:

Crystal clear. Back to sleep.

1 Like

It’ll be even earlier on Sunday after the clocks go forward!

1 Like

Errr … no. It’s darker in the mornings (for a given time) when the clocks go forwards … which makes sunrise more accessible … for a couple of weeks. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, definitely later for a time

Should have been more of a haze alert this morning.

1 Like

I gave it a miss

I was at Calshot trying a few things …. but when the moisture haze wasn’t a problem and the sun was higher, the pollution haze was almost as bad.

That was annoying - hadn’t seen any forecasts/indications!

No fog when I woke up at 7am, either!

But there was at 8am … unfortunately the roads around here are clogged to hell at that time on a clear day … so there was no way I was venturing out to get some foggy pics this morning.

I bet @BrianB was all over it! :wink:

No where near it - hadn’t seen myself :persevere:

1 Like