Foggy morning in Portsmouth

As a result of Dave / @OzoneVibe warning of another possible fog occurrence on Monday, I was up at 5am and drove down to Portsmouth to see if anything materialised (it had been a no show on Friday!).

When I arrived there nothing at first, so started trying a few sunrise shots. There were no clouds so a boring sky and was about to pack up and go home, when I heard the sound of a ferry fog horn. Yep, there was definitely fog rolling across the water.

I got the M2P back quick, changed battery and back up in the sky ready for the fog, which came in really quick. I managed to get the sunrise and fog before the fog really got dense and higher than previously. So I had to get the drone back with getting that many shots. I was pleased with the first shots and got a couple of 360s but wanted more of the Spinnaker. I had to wait for nearly 2 hours before the was sufficiently clear to be able to put the Mavic back up (and had nearly given up) which is when I got the brighter shots daytime nite cloud shots, which is what I had hoped for.

Big thanks Dave, I owe you a pint or two.

21 Likes

This 360 was as the fog arrived. Took some more, which should have been better, but made school boy error and left camera in auto. Big changes in exposure made for a poor DJI Go stitch, so need to try myself when I get the time.

5 Likes

5 Likes

This was the start of the morning, sunrise over a nearly empty Victorious festival

5 Likes

Stunning pics!

Incredible mate.

1 Like

Amazing photography @BrianB just stunning

1 Like

Well done. You do seem to get up early! I can see Portsmouth across the water, near enough for me so you have my admiration for venturing into that particular sink of iniquity. Love the Spinnaker Tower in the early morning sun :heart_eyes: I’m just musing about putting an upwards pointing GoPro on a 550 and looking up at the tourists looking down from the glass floor :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need a “Hate” button …. or, I do at least. :wink:

Great pics! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @callum and @Mungmeister

1 Like

wow amazing shots well done

1 Like

Definitely prefer early or late, when few others about. Some great places to photograph in Portsmouth at that time.

Do love your area on Hayling, very jealous…

Now I don’t work away very much it is a good place to live. Traffic can be a pain if you are working off-island 9-5. El Dogablo, the hound from hell and I saunter down to the Lifeboat station whatever the weather and she plays on the beach and in the sea. Every day is different, weather, tide, shifting sand and wildlife. Best morning was out of the front door and within fifteen minutes we saw an egret, a kestrel, a seal, a deer and highland cattle. Could be worse places to live I suppose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic photos, lucky guy @BrianB!

2 Likes

He won’t be so lucky next time. I shall keep my mouth shut. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That first photo is stunning Brian :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

All those photos are terrific Brian, Lucky guy for getting the drone out again.
Just shows you never can predict what happens by hanging around a little longer !.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Thanks Dave :wink:

1 Like

Been looking at houses on Hayling recently so hopefully neighbours soon!

2 Likes

No you won’t, you can’t help being the GADC weather forecaster :cloud_with_rain: :sunny: :dash: :rainbow: :cold_face:

1 Like